CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

5th September 2023, 07:28
Just for fun on a quiet Tuesday morning, here’s a puzzle composed entirely from Clueless, Peer Review and Weekend Peer Review clues. The puzzle includes 33 clues by 21 different setters.

You can complete the puzzle online with the link below or print it from there using the PDF button (bottom right).

https://crossword.info/jono/Clueless_Puzzle_no3

I’ll reveal the answers and the names of the individual clue writers on Thursday.

Hope you enjoy it!
1 of 33  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th September 2023, 08:23
very clever jono - thanks. i'm about 2/3 done
2 of 33  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

5th September 2023, 08:56
I’m puzzled and very curious, Jon, have you compiled this puzzle yourself?

I ask because this looks like a “professional” puzzle but it contains clues solely from our Crossword Forum, ie Clueless, etc.

Don’t worry, there’s no danger I will be taking part, as someone who can’t even do the simple Daily Mail crossword I wouldn’t be able to offer any solutions😂
3 of 33  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th September 2023, 09:00
2 left - 13d and 21a
I'm puzzled by 22a - the cross reference can't have been in the original clue, can it?
4 of 33  -   Report This Post

granama1

5th September 2023, 09:03
Very nice Jono, thanks!
5 of 33  -   Report This Post

jono

5th September 2023, 09:09
Hi Norah, yes, all my own work.

We have a database of all the words used previously in Clueless / Peer Review challenges that stretches back 10 years or more and contains around 1,500 words. With a bit of jiggery-pokery it’s not too difficult to fill a grid and then go back to the relevant threads and find the original clues.

With an average of 20 clues per word (a low estimate) at least 30,000 clues have been written by forum members over the years. Quite an achievement!
6 of 33  -   Report This Post

jono

5th September 2023, 09:11
Chris@4, indeed, I couldn’t resist including the cross reference myself as it was a pure coincidence that those two references happened to fit the grid.
7 of 33  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th September 2023, 09:58
jono - i thought it might be that. the original is probably my favourite clue here, then.
8 of 33  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

5th September 2023, 11:28
Ah, right, very interesting, Jon. Thanks for explaining, good luck with it😂
9 of 33  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th September 2023, 11:39
All done now. Thanks again, jono.
10 of 33  -   Report This Post