CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

26th May 2023, 17:48
Thanks to all who took part in this week’s challenge.

In third place is Dorrien’s well disguised anagram, then comes Paul’s “load of bull” which I also rather liked, but the clear winner is Mattrom’s cleverly constructed…

Steamed up about parking charge (8)

As an aside, I read with interest Tramp’s intervention on 225 today (see from @9 on that blog) where he explains his thinking in not including a single letter abbreviation as part of the anagram fodder, but rather (just as Mattrom has done here, hence why I mention it) wrapping the anagram around the single letter. I think this is neater and shall attempt to follow this rule in future.

Congratulations Mattrom, here are your prizes…

A short film from Nat Geo https://youtu.be/85_nJwYqE_c

And some cheery music from Canada https://youtu.be/MqdffSH6GWc

Cheers all, ttfn!
31 of 38  -   Report This Post

paul

26th May 2023, 17:52
Very nice Mattrom and cheers Jon!
Thanks for the votes Chris and Darla. Appreciated.
WPR coming now as I have to go out.
32 of 38  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th May 2023, 18:06
Congrats mattrom and thanks jono
33 of 38  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

26th May 2023, 18:18
Well done, mattrom. I liked your clue, and would have voted for it, except I am not a fan of "up" as an anagram indicator. I know it is considered acceptable, so just my personal preference. I loved your surface as usual. Thanks for hosting, Jono. Everyone have a great holiday weekend. Or is that just us?
34 of 38  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th May 2023, 18:34
my reservation about mattrom's clue too, darla (though I did like "load of bull"!)
35 of 38  -   Report This Post

dorrien

26th May 2023, 19:54
Well done Mattrom. I gave the up a pass as surface was so good.
Thanks Jono
I enjoyed the clips especially the Canadiana
36 of 38  -   Report This Post

tyke51

26th May 2023, 19:56
Very nice Mattrom - well done! Cheers Jono.
37 of 38  -   Report This Post

mattrom

26th May 2023, 21:55
Thanks to Tyke, Buddy, Paul, and Dorrien for your votes - much appreciated on this chilly morning.
I did look up "up" in the dictionary before I used it. As it has synonyms of "amiss", "in revolt",and "in an excited state", I figured it was OK as an indicator.
Thanks, Jono, for the challenge and my prizes. Always good to see some old rockers still singing, and interesting seeing them in the 70's. I was a bit apprehensive about the bison, but it's in a good cause. I'll have a look at the 225 blog later.
Cheers till next week
38 of 38  -   Report This Post