CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mirel

6th May 2023, 16:02
What is the device please? I can’t see it.
21 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th May 2023, 16:24
mirel
difficult to explain without spoiling, but a few clues contain 5 letter words with something in common.
22 of 50  -   Report This Post

rocky7

6th May 2023, 17:14
A strange one I thought. It didn't feel very Pauly to me. NW I filled in straight away. Then struggled a bit. I have too many answers that I can't parse to list on here but I have finished (correctly I think).

FOI was 1a. LOI 22d (one of the unparsed)

COD has to be 14a.

23 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th May 2023, 17:19
Read 22 upwards. I had an advantage as I've seen this trick several times before.
24 of 50  -   Report This Post

rocky7

6th May 2023, 17:23
I wonder if I have the answer wrong chrise. It's not giving me any light bulbs.
25 of 50  -   Report This Post

rocky7

6th May 2023, 17:29
Yes. Had wrong answer. Revisited and the PDM occurred.

Phew!
26 of 50  -   Report This Post

roof

6th May 2023, 19:49
Hi everyone

Started even later than usual (not down to events in London -I've been avoiding them), but my daughter came to visit and we needed to compose a letter to her housing association, which took some time.

I started by thinking it was easy as there are so many anagrams, but soon found it much harder and can't parse a couple, including 17ac and 23ac. I can't see the modern art in the latter.

I have an answer to 9d, but am not sure of it. I haven't got many in the NE corner including 11ac and 5ac. I've tried to find the anagram in 11ac with the three first letters, but it eludes me. I also have two options for 20d and have no idea which to opt for. Please can I have some hints for 11ac and 5ac and for the parsing for 20d. I'll worry about the others later.
27 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th May 2023, 20:01
Hi roof
I've managed to avoid it all too!
11 I didn't like - I suspect Paul thought he was being very clever though. The anagram is "washers" plus first letters of coverings of plastic.
20 homophone "put on" as in clothes, then another for a number
28 of 50  -   Report This Post

roof

6th May 2023, 20:14
Thanks Chris

It took a while for the PDM on 11ac anagram, but I finally got it. You also helped me choose which of my two potential answers for 20d was right. Just four more to works at, but more crossers now.
29 of 50  -   Report This Post

roof

6th May 2023, 20:59
Despite my best efforts, I still have three left to get. They are 5ac, 8d and 16ac. Hints would be helpful.

I haven't understood the comments about 5 letters in some answers. Is that just the five letter answers?

I'm off to watch Magpie Murders now.
30 of 50  -   Report This Post