CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

will37

23rd March 2023, 09:23
Two puzzles from the same setter in consecutive weeks? Or is the repetition of Fieldfare's name a production error at the mag? Maybe I'll have more of an idea when I actually get around to doing the puzzle later this morning.
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

malone

23rd March 2023, 10:34
Will37, the clues seemed quite Fieldfare-ish! I wondered if there might be a date, anniversary that led to the timings - but having done this, I don't think that's the case.
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd March 2023, 10:49
I have only just started, so time will tell, but a few clues in the SE are rather "Doc"ish
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

23rd March 2023, 13:51
I was surprised when I saw Fieldfare but there are similarities to the device used last week for the thematic answers.
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

will37

23rd March 2023, 15:41
Having raised the question of authorship and having now completed the puzzle, I'm none the wiser. I take alwayspuzzled's point about structural similarity to Fieldfare's 2596 last week and also jazzgirl's suggestion that some of the clues have a tang of Doc (who, in the normal course of once every three weeks, is due next week) but I wouldn't like to put money on it either way.

Perhaps we'll never know for sure.
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd March 2023, 15:50
I have now completed and still unsure if it really is Fieldfare, but a satisfying puzzle I thought.
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

worworcrossol

23rd March 2023, 15:58
I do not subscribe but have website access and had a lot of trouble printing this puzzle, I do not subscribe because I only want the crossword (which I like), I have contacted The Spectator but as of yet, I have had no reply. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas, I cannot even get the parsing of the solutions.

TIA Worworcrossol
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd March 2023, 16:09
@worworcrossol
My printer is out of action, so I draw the grid and show the bold in red. I have done this successfully for many weeks
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

worworcrossol

23rd March 2023, 16:57
Thank you Jazzgirl I had website access and that is all I need as I only need the crossword to print, I tried last night with no luck, Will this update each week for each crossword?
10 of 19  -   Report This Post