CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

6th October 2010, 13:00
Your letters are correct - try putting the"S" in different positions and you'll soon get it.
31 of 38  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

6th October 2010, 13:01
Yes the defn is religious law
32 of 38  -   Report This Post

bathtub

10th October 2010, 03:25
Probably a bit late now, but 'Arry and 'arryish are both in Chambers - a vulgar jovial Cockney and his accompanying adjective. 'Arriet (as in 'Arman?) is the female equivalent.

Presumably he's one and the same as 'Appy 'Arry, the term my grandparents (who were Londoners) often used in ironic reference to a miserable person.
33 of 38  -   Report This Post

tig

12th October 2010, 17:24
Hi sudokulover
thanks for your help but I am clearly in very dim mode as although I can get lots of words ( well a number) when I put the s in different positions and I can see a few that then are of religious origin I can't make any work with the cryptic part of the clue. Any more hints available without actually giving me the answer.
34 of 38  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

12th October 2010, 17:28
The "S" would go at the beginning so you are looking for S?A?I?T meaning religious law. Try Chambers word wizard at www.chambersharrap.co.uk
35 of 38  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

12th October 2010, 17:30
"that regularly" means h,t (2nd and 4th letters ) with a "song" inside.
36 of 38  -   Report This Post

tig

12th October 2010, 17:36
thanks sudokulover for your very fast response. Blindingly obvious now, was not among the words I had as I did not think it had a T at the end now I have checked it I find it does. Crossword done and spelling improved! Yipee
37 of 38  -   Report This Post

tig

12th October 2010, 17:40
also thanks for the web ref, I have used a different one before but it did not come up with the answer.
38 of 38  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Genius 88