CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

granama1

1st January 2023, 14:49
I managed to complete this with the last thing to fall being the moved vertical bar. It's one of those 'how didn't I see that straight away?' ones. Some of the misspellings only became clear once I knew the names and could work backwards.

Quite a stiff challenge I thought and I didn't know whether to groan or laugh at the 'A tribute to Ms Loyd....' clue.

Thanks Eclogue.
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

3rd January 2023, 16:29
Grid complete, bar moved and 21 contiguous cells which indicate the name & profile of the unclued entry identified, but those cells are in several sets, and although each set are in "three straight lines" that doesn't seem to strictly accord with the preamble, or have I misread it ?
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

buddy

3rd January 2023, 16:44
It's possible to draw a straight line through the 10 cells on the left (or right) that touches those cells and only those cells.
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

buddy

3rd January 2023, 16:46
Correction, it would be 10 cells on the left and 9 on the right, Then connect those lines with a 3rd one
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

3rd January 2023, 18:26
Thanks buddy, although I am unable to see how what you say can be done.
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

buddy

3rd January 2023, 18:30
start the lines in the bottom left corners of the cells in the next-to-last row.
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

3rd January 2023, 19:04
Thanks again. I'll give that a try.
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

4th January 2023, 01:19
Thanks to Eclogue for a satisfying and challenge in both gridfill and endgame. Not surprising that there was some uncertainty about the identity of the “creator” I guess. Another - relevant but I hope not spoiler - local expression along with the penultimate down is “It wisnae me….”

In the same vein, now that the holiday is done this far north, “A Guid Ne’er to Ane an All.”
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

4th January 2023, 01:25
Apologies for a spurious “and” in the first line of my last post.
19 of 19  -   Report This Post