CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

crossray

29th December 2022, 15:36
Quisling and Chrise - stand by for some profuse gratitude:
You are both spectacular cruciverbalists and no doubt sesquipedalian to boot.
I thank you from the heart of my bottom, and trust that your skill and selflessness in helping others to complete financially rewarding crosswords will continue to be manifest in the future.
Well done.

That profuse enough?

PS I am not a robot
21 of 33  -   Report This Post

panda46

29th December 2022, 22:23
Quisling, i can only give an apology on behalf of Snowball, i know that Snowball had to go into hospital urgently just before Christmas,
22 of 33  -   Report This Post

quisling

29th December 2022, 23:11
Panda46, that’s most kind of you, but I’m really sorry to hear that. Please send best wishes to Snowball from everyone here
23 of 33  -   Report This Post

capleton

3rd January 2023, 16:30
I wonder if anyone can help, I gather we can ask for three clues but I only have two that I can't solve?

They are as follows;-

There's no swearing about the openings of fearsomely jagged or rocky defiles (9,6)

Spooner's illumination in a tin - it's wind powered (4,6)

I would be most grateful to any knowledgeable quizzers as I've supported the charity quiz for years now.
24 of 33  -   Report This Post

quisling

3rd January 2023, 16:37
The first one looks like Norwegian Fjords. Anagram of “no swearing” and the initial letters of fearsome or rocky defiles.
25 of 33  -   Report This Post

quisling

3rd January 2023, 17:07
The others posted on here fell into categories. Does the Spooner one, and if so which?
26 of 33  -   Report This Post

quisling

3rd January 2023, 17:55
Aha! I’m sure it’s Land Kiting, a Spoonerism of canned lighting
27 of 33  -   Report This Post

quisling

3rd January 2023, 17:59
Sorry for earlier typo in #25. Initial letters of “fearsomely jagged or rocky defiles”
28 of 33  -   Report This Post

capleton

3rd January 2023, 20:23
Wow! Thanks Quisling you are clearly a knowledgeable chap my query was answered in no time. If you've entered I'm sure you will have presented it to the organiser in December. Respect is due sir 😎
29 of 33  -   Report This Post

quisling

3rd January 2023, 20:26
I don’t enter it, Capleton. I haven’t seen any questions until they are posted on here. But it’s a good cause, and I hope you win
30 of 33  -   Report This Post