CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

2nd December 2022, 16:01
The clues...

Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, number of letters in the answer and details of any you already have. Special instructions or additional information should also be included.
HINTS only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Requests may be made here for help towards the theme. ''Gentle nudges' is hard to define, of course, but Forum members seem to manage reasonably well! Aim to give a hint or nudge that will help the solver, without spoiling things for others.
The Theme itself should not be revealed under any circumstances.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 24  -   Report This Post

will37

2nd December 2022, 20:08
That was most enjoyable but tomorrow I shall have to go to my local WH Smith to see if they can provide me with markers in the specific colours required.
2 of 24  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

2nd December 2022, 22:27
Thank you, Stick Insect. Thoroughly enjoyed that.
Top title too.
3 of 24  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

2nd December 2022, 22:38
Another thank you to Stick Insect from me.and I agree with Simon about the title. And, happily, I have access to a set of coloured pencils with the requisite tones. I knew the work but it had receded into the lumber rooms of memory in a few fragments. I was grateful for the opportunity to restore it; it merits a refresh.
4 of 24  -   Report This Post

scubaj

3rd December 2022, 09:23
30d? Can't get my head around the length of the grid entry when the clue is (8)
5 of 24  -   Report This Post

gitto

3rd December 2022, 10:28
Once again I have a full grid, a description of the work and not a scooby doo of what I am supposed to do next. I always find this extremely annoying. Here's hoping that posting helps.
6 of 24  -   Report This Post

gitto

3rd December 2022, 10:52
All finished now - I was using the wrong letter for the first unch in the unclued entry. Once I corrected this google and wiki immediately led me to the solution. Nice puzzle.
7 of 24  -   Report This Post

gitto

3rd December 2022, 13:51
Scubaj, I do not understand your problem as one, or more, may be omitted.
8 of 24  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

3rd December 2022, 15:22
As per Gitto, and preamble, one letter must be omitted, wherever it occurs.

So, say, SYNAPSE (8) would have grid entry YNAPE.
9 of 24  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

3rd December 2022, 15:25
* (7).

Apols.
10 of 24  -   Report This Post