CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

oyler

20th November 2022, 15:44
The following is a list of the setters who have set Listener mathematicals.
Aedites, Amicus, Arden, Botox, Brimstone, Child's Play, Dave, Elap, Googly, gwizardry, Hedgehog, IOA, ITR+, Kea, Nipper, Nod, Oyler, Pandiculator, Piccadilly, Pie, Ploy, Polymath, Radix, Ruslan, Smudge, Tangent, Trev, Uptodate, Viking, Word Processor, Xanthippe, Zag.
21 of 42  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

20th November 2022, 18:05
Apologies if this question is one whose answer would be considered too revealing, but are we meant to assume all answers are integers? (In other words, that no decimal points are necessary to enter into the grid.)
22 of 42  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

20th November 2022, 18:08
All clue answers are whole numbers.
23 of 42  -   Report This Post

candlestick

20th November 2022, 19:09
I’ve solved the wretched thing, and the quote I have come up with makes perfect sense but I can’t find it anywhere on the internet, even searching for just the longest two words. Can anyone hint at a source for the quote?
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

candledave

20th November 2022, 19:19
CS - it’s a paraphrase not a direct quote and there’s a hint among the clues
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

candlestick

20th November 2022, 19:19
Found it now. Searched for something from the preamble instead. Quite a paraphrase but okay I suppose.
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

pharum

20th November 2022, 20:05
I hope this is not too much information but the actual statement is in the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations
27 of 42  -   Report This Post

quixote

21st November 2022, 16:19
Will this do? -
...looks like the right sort of non-determinism - even if total BS...and what a lovely name!:

“There's magic at the intersection of quantum computing, Artificial Intelligence, and additive manufacturing.”
― Hendrith Vanlon Smith Jr, CEO of Mayflower-Plymouth

(He forgot Arts and Tramways...)

28 of 42  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

21st November 2022, 21:51
I've now run into a dead end three times and am starting over yet again. No idea where I'm going wrong; this doesn't FEEL as difficult as some other numerics (although I've only encountered a handful) so I must be making it more difficult than it needs to be somehow, I suppose. I'll be quite sad to break my streak if I can't crack this thing!
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

22nd November 2022, 01:38
...And I have managed to complete the grid and, ostensibly, the message, although it seems slightly garbled and it's now far too late for me to figure out whether I have a letter wrong here and there or whether the concept of "paraphrasing" is going further than I would have expected it to. Relieved to have made it this far, though!
30 of 42  -   Report This Post