CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

heathcliff67

23rd September 2022, 21:53
Well done, mprs. Congratulations.

Geeker - thanks for the welcome but not necessary. I am a previous poster on the forum, just not been involved much for the last couple of years.
51 of 60  -   Report This Post

mattrom

23rd September 2022, 21:55
Well done, Mprs! Cheers, Jono for the challenge and the clips. Appreciated the votes from Aristo and Spike, and fj'S mention.
A 👍🏻 for Jono and Dorrien's idea of a link. It's easier to scroll through one list than two, and without ads/blank spaces.
Also easier to update, so can be done more frequently.
Perhaps add a note as to what were the most recent updates?
Happy to leave it to you from now on 🙂
52 of 60  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd September 2022, 21:57
Congratulations, mathprof, and thanks so much for the vote. Thanks also to jono for officiating. Bach was a genius? Who knew? 🤓
53 of 60  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

23rd September 2022, 22:05
Well then, welcome back heathcliff. Several of us are relatively recent arrivals here.
54 of 60  -   Report This Post

paul

23rd September 2022, 22:50
Well done Darla, cheers Jon, and thanks for the like Geeker!
55 of 60  -   Report This Post

dorrien

24th September 2022, 00:26
Congrats MPRS and thanks for a good word choice and officiating Jono

Re the wordlist I would like all to know that this was your (Jono) idea and not mine! The link works well and from those that have responded I think we can agree that the full wordlist should be maintained and that a link offsite is a good idea. I see we have about 1,300 words on the list.

We could post the URL on a forum post as Mattrom did AND embed it in the preamble each week but we would need the help of setters in the next week or so - MPRS for instance.

Jono if you are happy to take the lead on this then please go ahead. If I have the nescessary permission I would be glad to help.

MPRS WPR could have read:-

Welcome to our weekend competition to compose a cryptic clue to be judged by your fellow contestants. You may enter as many clues as you like, and everyone is welcome, particularly new entrants. Feel free to explain your clue, if you think it will help, or to ask another entrant to parse their clue.

However, please don't comment on the merit of a particular clue before voting opens.

Clues should be posted before noon (UK time) on Sunday, September 25, when voting opens. Voting closes at 8 p.m. (UK time) the same day.

This weekend's challenge is:

NOTICE (6)
NOTICED (7)
NOTICES (7)9

Weekend rules: Each entrant has six votes to allocate across any of one to six clues (no fractional votes allowed). For example, the allocation might be 3/2/1 for the top three clues, and many other allocations are possible. In the event of a tie, the number of first place votes will be taken into consideration (if those are equal, 2nd place votes, etc).

Have fun!

Please note that a complete list of previously used words on Clueless.Peer Review and Weekend Peer Review is available at

https://tinyurl.com/4dzss5np
56 of 60  -   Report This Post

jono

24th September 2022, 08:59
Thanks Dorrien. When you click on the link to view the spreadsheet do you see a green button which allows you to request access? If so that would enable me to grant you write access. If not I’ll need your email I believe.

Wording for the preamble looks good to me.

I suggest I also post the link as a reply to Mattrom’s last updates, so if anyone was to go back to those threads the link to the latest updates would be there.
57 of 60  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

24th September 2022, 09:55
Congratulations Mprs
Cheers Jono
The lists are very helpful (thanks Mattrom) and I'll be happy with whatever is decided
58 of 60  -   Report This Post

dorrien

24th September 2022, 13:47
Jono.
I have Messaged you for access.
Yes post once on the forum
59 of 60  -   Report This Post

jono

24th September 2022, 13:56
Thanks Dorrien, you should have access now.
60 of 60  -   Report This Post