CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

14th August 2022, 19:57
Thanks to Piccadilly for a gentle bun fun puzzle - after The Hammers defeat this afternoon this is just what I needed to put a smile back on my face:-)

1 of 9  -   Report This Post

malone

14th August 2022, 20:06
'Gentle' is definitely the word, Brendan! It was fun while it lasted...
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

brendan

14th August 2022, 20:30
It was one of the easier puzzles but, given the oppressive heat here in London, I was rather glad:-)
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

jono

14th August 2022, 20:39
I’m with you Brendan, it’s too hot to think 😅
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

ginge

14th August 2022, 20:43
Most definitely on the very gentle side of the difficulty spectrum but the wordplay in 11d "threw up" a word and person new to me; I found Googling it/him quite interesting.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

brendan

14th August 2022, 20:52
Definitely Ginge, his little brown cubes (ooh er!) are probably used by most households in the country:-) - an unfortunate name, at least in English, but I suppose it's pronounce 'ee' rather than 'eye'
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

malone

14th August 2022, 20:55
Yes, Ginge, that bit was good, interesting. I did like several of the clues, but would have liked more of a challenge.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

14th August 2022, 21:57
An elegant and intricate piece of construction. For which, thanks and admiration, Picadilly. Perhaps less satisfying as a solve than some because the conjoined (very gentle) clues quickly revealed a common element from which the “instruction” could be readily inferred leading to a lot of “free” gridfill. But it went down well with a breakfast cuppa and I don’t need to be put through the ringer every time!
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

jigjag

20th August 2022, 22:21
I enjoyed it too, after a few (for me) tough ones.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1552