CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quisling

18th July 2022, 19:05
I hope you sorted your Inquisitor scaling issue. I tried accessing the puzzle online several months ago but had no joy and gave it up as a bad job. You were cleverer than me. The Guardian puzzles are at least free and easy to access , so nothing to be lost by trying a selection. I didn’t mean to damn those I omitted, such as Brummie, Boatman, Nutmeg, but I couldn’t list them all. Brendan is a particular favourite of mine. There’s almost always a theme I don’t spot until it’s too late to be useful.

Bless your mother-in-law for still having a go! That’s most impressive. Let’s hope they do stave off dementia, or else I have no chance
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

jono

18th July 2022, 19:15
I’d add Nutmeg, Imogen and Arachne (no longer setting but see the older puzzles) to the Guardian favourites list.

Everyman went through a rough patch when the setter changed, but is much more consistent now (imho).
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

trebornotlaw

22nd July 2022, 16:26
I still don't get 5dn, Kitchen item mostly to cut fish.
It looks as though it's Triangle.
I get tri(m) and angle but is a triangle a kitchen item?
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd July 2022, 16:37
I have a vague memory that the percussion section of an orchestra is (snobbishly) referred to as "the kitchen"? I might be misrembering, though.
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

jono

22nd July 2022, 16:40
Correct Chris
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

trebornotlaw

22nd July 2022, 16:47
Ah, more D M smart-arsery then!
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

malone

22nd July 2022, 17:20
ChrisE, Chambers refers to 'kitchen' being the percussion section of an orchestra, informal.' I don't see it as 'snobbish' myself, and I have quite enjoyed seeing it sneaking its way into quite a few crosswords over the years.
17 of 17  -   Report This Post