CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rocky7

9th July 2022, 17:49
Thanks Chrise. Not a piece I was familiar with. Have to say I'm not finding this as easy as others did but I am enjoying it.
41 of 58  -   Report This Post

rocky7

9th July 2022, 18:00
BTW I know there are some Montalbano fans on this forum. I'm not saying it was ever especially highbrow but were7 others as disappointed as me with the last ever one last week? Very weak I thought.
42 of 58  -   Report This Post

roof

9th July 2022, 18:16
I gree Rocky

I was very disappointed. Splitting up with Livia - not on.

I walked away from the computer and instantly filled in all the south west corner. Getting 15d was the key.

I just have three left: 1d, 2d and 6d. For 1d I have D?T?T? and the only word that fits doesn't exist. I was sure about my letters, though my answer for 11ac doesn't include a fish, but it is a cluster of bones in the feet.

2d could be two words - for birds or bees. Which is it? and why?

6d I have two possible answers both meaning active but I can't find serviceman's parting drink.

Time for my glass of white wine to which I intend to add ice. ai'll be back soon.
43 of 58  -   Report This Post

roof

9th July 2022, 18:19
Yes Rocky, the definition of 13ac is the last word.

It was my second one in after 9ac.
44 of 58  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th July 2022, 18:23
Hi again, roof
Sorry,your second T in 1d is wrong. There is a fish!
2d birds - 4 letter word for change
6d the serviceman is American (unindicated)
45 of 58  -   Report This Post

jono

9th July 2022, 18:24
There’s an interesting story that Camilleri, who wrote the Montalbano books, insisted that his publisher keep the last book in the series in a safe on the condition that it was only to be published after his death. Camilleri died in 2019 and the book was published in Italy in 2020. I’m not sure how true the tv series is to the books, but I agree the last episode was disappointing.

Danish Scandi noir series “Trom” starts tonight on BBC4.
46 of 58  -   Report This Post

geeker

9th July 2022, 18:26
roof, I got hung up on 6 in the same way, took a long time to figure it out. The first 4 letters of the solution are a fish. The first 2 pages of this thread have some discussion of 6.
47 of 58  -   Report This Post

rocky7

9th July 2022, 19:04
That is interesting Jono. I've never read the books. I think the writers let him off too lightly. He never had to explain his impropriety to Liv.

48 of 58  -   Report This Post

roof

9th July 2022, 19:06
Thanks Geeker

I've got the fish now. Bone clusters in the hands not the feet!

I should have got 6d, so had a Ugh moment.

I've just seen why 2d is right.

Two possible answers now for 1d (my last one). It will be my LOI.

My CODs are 10ac, 15d

I usually struggle more than this, so it must have been on the easy side.
49 of 58  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

9th July 2022, 21:47
Made better progress this week but still stuck on parsing 14d. I have all the crossers and therefore a good guess (G&S?) but cannot unravel the clue. Any hints would be welcome.
50 of 58  -   Report This Post