CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trelos1

6th July 2022, 11:16
Help with parsing please....
15) Whole hotel is not happy (4). I have L?T? but the "L" might be incorrect. The only word I can think of is loth (lot + h) but that doesn't mean "not happy".
12) Obscure quote involving doctor from the south (8) E???P?I?. I was toying with elliptic, ecliptic & ellipsis. Pill is a doctor and cite is to quote but can't parse obscure or from the south. Elliptic doesn't mean obscure or does it? TIA
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

jono

6th July 2022, 11:31
Hi trelos1,
15. Loth is an alternative spelling for loath. Chambers defines it as reluctant or unwilling so I think unhappy works.
12. Elliptic does mean obscure, so pill in cite is correct (‘from the south’ would work in a down clue, meaning reading from bottom to top).
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

trelos1

6th July 2022, 11:39
Thank you jono. You gave an excellent description as to how you arrived at the answer. I normally don't understand the answers I'm given by people as I always need to parse them to my satisfaction because my brain ends up in a tangle.....lol. All done now, until next month.
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

jono

6th July 2022, 11:46
Thanks trelos1, glad I could help
4 of 4  -   Report This Post