CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lumen

26th June 2022, 09:16
Can't resolve 27 for you, sime kind of subtractive anagrams? But 30 is a word for mountains with first letter moved east. The answer is plural...and if you have more than one of these, you have a quarter.
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

brendan

26th June 2022, 09:27
Thanks Lumen, I can't believe I didn't just anagram my answer to 30a!

27a - I thought that too but, once you've removed the extra letter, it's only VE that doesn't form part of the answer?
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

ginge

26th June 2022, 09:35
Hi Bren,
look in Chambers; the "used" 3 letters are an abbreviation as in St, Ave, Ln ...
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

brendan

26th June 2022, 09:55
Thanks again Lumen, thanks Ginge - all done and dusted:-)
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

lumen

26th June 2022, 10:20
But why is the word 'looking' in 27?
It's extra, but we need to have just the N extra?
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

nansen

26th June 2022, 14:08
Good afternoon Lumen, I took "looking" in hte sense of "appearing" - "looking over" meaning "appearing in reverse"?
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

27th June 2022, 16:05
That was indeed fun. Thank you, Hedge-Sparrow.

I was reminded of an old story about Tony Blair visiting the then new hospital in Ayr. Each patient he met in a particular ward turned out a string of lines akin to those in the thematic poem. On leaving the ward, a rattled PM asked the doctor, “Was that the Psychiatric Ward?” “No, sir,” was the reply. “It’s the Serious Burns Unit.”

I’ll get my coat….
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

hecuba

2nd July 2022, 09:10
Hi all, I have a slightly off topic question and one that I know has been discussed here before, but I cannot find it in the forum.

Can you get the inquisitor online anywhere? My partner has signed up for the digital version of the i, but it seems to only have a limited range of puzzles available (basically the ones that you get in the weekday editions).

I'd prefer to be able to stop buying the paper version as I don't read the rest of it.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

kirky

2nd July 2022, 10:34
I could email you a scan each week?
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

hecuba

2nd July 2022, 22:32
That's extremely kind of you, but a lot of work for you.

I don't mind paying and giving a bit of support to make sure it keeps getting made! It would just be convenient if there was an online version.
20 of 20  -   Report This Post