CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

patch49

9th June 2022, 08:21
Thanks Buddy and Ginge but like Brenden I’m now grid staring
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

ginge

9th June 2022, 08:30
Hi again patch49, while not the Listener thread it may still not be deemed appropriate to detail the endgame here.
My email address can be found using the search function; go to Listener 4638 post # 20 and I can help should you wish.
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

9th June 2022, 10:21
I agree with ginge. This is a respected prize puzzle and I think that too much has already been revealed. I trust that those accepting help will not be submitting. Apologies if that sounds a bit snotty.
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

drxx

9th June 2022, 12:06
The grid letters are not a typical set - a quick count might suggest the way to go.
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

drxx

9th June 2022, 12:12
I really cannot agree with the people who are trying to defeat the purpose of this site - and in the process attempt to make others feel guilty about asking for help.
There are many ways people can get additional help (and they're more underhand than an honest request for a hint or two, in my opinion).
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

patch49

9th June 2022, 12:27
I know there are restrictions on asking for help with this puzzle which is why I began with a tentative enquiry. If I have to ask for further help it will be for personal satisfaction only
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

9th June 2022, 13:03
I just feel that active Prize Puzzles should be treated differently when hints and answers are requested. I doubt that Derek Harrison at The Crossword Centre would be thrilled to know that his puzzle was being openly discussed.
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

drxx

9th June 2022, 13:10
The same can be said of the Listener crew - but that puzzle is being discussed and hints are being given.
Surely you're not expecting zero input on this puzzle when you routinely contribute to Listener threads bobbycollins?
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

9th June 2022, 13:30
Point accepted, drxx.

I just don't think that in the case of Crossword Centre puzzles Derek Harrison would be happy. I think that the same would apply to the editors of Magpie if those puzzles were being discussed here.
19 of 19  -   Report This Post