CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

6th June 2022, 23:58
After the problems of the last 2 days it is gratifying to see my phone staying logged in even when I’ve shut the tab! Anyone else?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th June 2022, 00:20
Hi Paul, I'm getting the same. Previously, whenever I left the site on my phone and did a "swipe right", it would always log me out but now, since the problems, I'm permanently logged in.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

mattrom

7th June 2022, 04:39
Same here, which I prefer. It also offers me funeral cover from $2.75/week. Targeting my age group, I suppose.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

7th June 2022, 06:40
Paul, I’m on my Ipad and I stay logged in. I even used our old friend Google to find the Crossword Solver site and went into the site that way but I was still logged in, I presume my IP is being recognised.

I can’t see that it matters, you’ve got to be a member of the Forum to be able to log in.

IMHO it makes life a lot simpler but are we are missing something important regarding security?

4 of 7  -   Report This Post

jono

7th June 2022, 07:39
Hi Norah, reading earlier comments I think consensus is that not being logged out when closing the browser or switching between devices is a good thing. I would agree :-)
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

7th June 2022, 08:48
Jono, that’s OK then, I thought I’d better check because what I know about technical matters wouldn’t fit on a postage stamp. I won’t mention it to Ash if everyone is happy with the status quo.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

paul

8th June 2022, 11:39
@Mattrom - be glad you’re not in the age group that they’re offering it to you for $275 a week!
7 of 7  -   Report This Post