CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

buddy

4th June 2022, 19:00
I'm assuming here that everyone involved can read posts even if they can't log in to post themselves. Further assuming that the site's problems in fact get fixed sometime tomorrow (per chrise's earlier post):

1) For Friday's PR, jws, simon, spike and tyke still need to vote and patrich probably can't log in either. But, he can wrap up PR once the last 4 votes come in, whenever they arrive.

2) It seems clear the deadline for WPR needs to be extended: I propose that clues should be in by noon (UK time) Monday June 6, and then voting can take place from noon to 6 pm. Given that all the votes usually come in pretty quickly, the compressed voting period shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think this also gives mattrom time to vote before it gets too late in Oz.

3) mathprof can then post CLUELESS Monday night at more or less the usual time, and we'll be back on track.

Any comments from anyone who has site access?

1 of 9  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th June 2022, 19:04
Your suggestion on PR seems sensible, buddy - it seems to have stalled. On the other hand, all the posters on WPR must have been able to log in?
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

buddy

4th June 2022, 19:07
Yes but there are many regulars who have not posted clues presumably because they can’t log in.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

buddy

4th June 2022, 19:09
My goal was to give everyone a chance to play
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

jono

4th June 2022, 19:11
Makes sense Buddy, good plan, thanks
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th June 2022, 19:15
I see your point - I was thinking more of the mechanics of the competition.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

4th June 2022, 20:49
I'm good with whatever you all decide. I was still on the fence on entering WPR anyway; nothing good immediately came to mind. I'm not having any trouble logging in, so I can start Clueless late Monday.f
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

mattrom

4th June 2022, 23:53
Good idea re WPR, Buddy. Yes, with the current Daylight Saving times I can vote early if the voting starts at noon (UK time)
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

buddy

6th June 2022, 11:43
giving this a bump
9 of 9  -   Report This Post