CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

simplesimon

1st June 2022, 21:07
Jono, no problems, judging is particularly tricky. πŸ€”πŸ˜œπŸ˜‰
51 of 64  -   Report This Post

paul

1st June 2022, 21:35
Masterful clue Spike! A well-deserved win. Cheers Jon and thanks for the like.
52 of 64  -   Report This Post

buddy

1st June 2022, 22:04
congrats to spike and thanks to jono for the shortlisting. I had plenty of time to read the poem as I just got back from 4 days in the hospital (I got better (I was not turned into a newt)).

mathprof32: Jessica is mine! Do you hear? Mine!
53 of 64  -   Report This Post

spike2

1st June 2022, 22:18
Wow! Thanks, Jono! I can hardly believe that I was chosen over all the great clues on offer. Extremely grateful, Jono. Thanks also for the prizes!

Now, we have a problem. I entered, knowing that if chosen, I would not be able to host next week's Clueless, for reasons I'd rather not get into. Due to timings, I probably won't be able to compete in Clueless for the foreseeable future either. I have enough trouble winning PR and WPR, so I thought I had next to no chance of winning Clueless. I apologize wholeheartedly, and ask if someone else could take charge, please.
54 of 64  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd June 2022, 00:45
Great clue, spike, although not at all raunchy. Thanks, jono.
55 of 64  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

2nd June 2022, 01:02
Well done, Spike! quite a feat getting the reverse hidden for that word. I'm willing to host in your place if nobody else is.

Thanks for hosting, Jono. An excellent summing up.
56 of 64  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

2nd June 2022, 01:04
Buddy, sorry to hear of your stay in hospital. Glad to hear you're better. Jessica is all yours.
57 of 64  -   Report This Post

mattrom

2nd June 2022, 01:41
Nice clue, Spike. Thanks, Jono, for the challenge, the extensive summation, the short-listing and the clips.
Glad you have recovered, Buddy.
58 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd June 2022, 06:02
No problem Spike and Mathprof I’m sure that’s fine for next week, thanks for volunteering!
59 of 64  -   Report This Post

jimmygtal

2nd June 2022, 07:10
Well done spike2.
Great summary jono, and great prizes, especially The Rime of......
60 of 64  -   Report This Post