CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

patrich

29th May 2022, 18:17
Fieryjack @26 was doing quite well … for a clue that didn’t exist!
71 of 88  -   Report This Post

patrich

29th May 2022, 18:34
That was a great contest everybody, thank you all. There were many lovely clues, with an especially strong array of anagrams, well represented in the roll of honour:

4 clues were tied on 5 votes: mattrom @5, paul @9, jono @12 and geeker @33. Third place, with 6 votes each, was shared between mattrom @39, a very clever reverse charade, and dorrien @40, a nice homophone. That late run of typos brought fieryjack @36 second place with 7 votes, with his beautifully worked out subtractive anagram (and always nice to reference another participant!), but this was not enough to unseat the clear winner, with 9 votes – a succinct anagram with a lovely smooth surface from simplesimon @23:

Stop the car - a horrific accident (11)

Congratulations simplesimon, here are your very well-deserved prizes:

A few catastrophes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHm9UZrdcMg

Cat (well, pink panther) meets … dog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o

Cool for cats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ2cEc_TCH8

Thanks for playing everyone, see you soon.
72 of 88  -   Report This Post

dorrien

29th May 2022, 20:01
Congrats Simon a worthy winner over a lot of good clues. Thanks to Patrick for a good competition and to the voters for their votes.

I am off for the summer. See you in the fall.
73 of 88  -   Report This Post

jono

29th May 2022, 20:07
Congrats Simon and thanks Patrick for a fun challenge.
Have a great summer Dorrien, see you in the “autumn” ;-)
74 of 88  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

29th May 2022, 20:17
Thanks for the votes: Mattrom, Spike, Tyke, Chrise, Geeker, Paul, Aristophanes, FJ and Dorrien.
Thanks also to Patrich for hosting.
I couldn’t get onto the site for a couple of hours, but the problem now seems to be sorted.
I’ll check those clips out now.
Thanks again, see you for a new challenge next weekend.
75 of 88  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

29th May 2022, 20:23
My goodness! Is that really a young Jools Holland - great stuff. Thanks Patrich.
76 of 88  -   Report This Post

useby

29th May 2022, 21:37
Patrich, thanks for hosting duties. Well done winner and all others!
77 of 88  -   Report This Post

spike2

29th May 2022, 21:42
Well done, Simplesimon. Thanks, Patrich.

Thanks to Aristo and Paul for making it worthwhile.
78 of 88  -   Report This Post

tyke51

29th May 2022, 22:16
Well done Simplesimon - appreciate the votes Useby and Dorrien - thanks for a good challenge Patrich!
79 of 88  -   Report This Post

mattrom

29th May 2022, 22:25
Well done, SS, and thanks to Patrich for a great challenge with a versatile word to clue.
I appreciated the votes from Jono, Tyke, Culmer, Aristo, Geeker, FJ, Paul, Dorrien and Mprs.
Dorrien, enjoy your summer retreat. 🌄
80 of 88  -   Report This Post