CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

alwayspuzzled

22nd May 2022, 17:12
A well constructed puzzle as always from Piccadilly.
11 of 32  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

22nd May 2022, 17:20
Printing woes (which were probably due to “pilot error”) aside, this was excellent. Thank you, Piccadilly, not just for a well-constructed puzzle but also for cleverly expressed outrage (and a good idea for aficionados to follow up on!).
12 of 32  -   Report This Post

brendan

22nd May 2022, 23:15
Such a great final touch with the empty middle cell along with the two containing the digit to complete the endgame - brilliant:-)

Big thanks to Piccadilly.
13 of 32  -   Report This Post

turast

23rd May 2022, 05:22
As far as I'm concerned, the only way the "two cells containing single digit numbers" gimmick works, is if you write out in letters the words required at those locations. For those entering their grids for the weekly competition, it would be only fair to accept EITHER numbers OR words in those cells. Furthermore, if I was really "going postal" and sending my grid in an envelope with a stamp, I don't think the postie would be too keen on what I think should be entered in the bottom three cells of the far right hand column, unless he is suitably classicaly educated. It certainly can't be NELSON. Are we wandering into territory that might be termed "unfair"?
14 of 32  -   Report This Post

connie

23rd May 2022, 10:03
I was feeling very pleased with myself for completing this puzzle without any prompts and continue to mourn the fact that we will be losing these brilliant puzzles.
Now I feel a bit of an amateur because I found only delight in the format and have no idea what NELSON refers to!! Am I perhaps not seeing the full picture......
15 of 32  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

23rd May 2022, 11:49
Nelson (one eye, one arm, one leg) is cricket parlance for 111,
16 of 32  -   Report This Post

connie

23rd May 2022, 13:40
Thankyou. Have added that to my Bradfords dictionary. Played cricket at the same school as Rachel Heyhoe Flint but had never heard that expression!
17 of 32  -   Report This Post

andyp

23rd May 2022, 22:10
Good puzzle - thanks piccadilly. Thankfully the theme was suitably accessible so it allowed me to realise what was going on with 36/30!
18 of 32  -   Report This Post

joycie

26th May 2022, 12:04
Help with 21a please something old-fashioned presented to queen results in awkward position. 6cells down to 4. I have L as the extra letter and CO in the first two cells
19 of 32  -   Report This Post

useby

26th May 2022, 12:38
CORN is old-fashioned…
20 of 32  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1540