CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

notnil

23rd May 2022, 07:56
Brendan, many thanks. Does the capital C in cactus have a significance?
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

aslac

23rd May 2022, 18:48
last letter only needed! Help with Deceased Scottish lover recoiled on the killing of a god (6)
missing any 'I' s and I have DEC?AE unless wrong somewhere.
Thanks. I enjoyed this as just the right level for a mid solving crossword Inquisitor fan.
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

malone

23rd May 2022, 18:53
Aslac.your 'e' at the end is wrong. - I don't know wht you chose that! There's a seven-letter word meaning 'killing of a god', then turn it into an adjective.
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

lumen

23rd May 2022, 18:53
Think you have the wrong last letter. It ends L. Abbreviation for deceased plus Scottish lover backwards. But second part is a common word.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

aslac

24th May 2022, 09:20
Thank you both Lumen and Malone. Can see the answer now. Made a careless assumption .. all done.
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

cruciluci

25th May 2022, 09:59
This was a fun little puzzle, finished it first thing on Monday but still missing the one unchecked letter in 19A.

I know the missing letter(s), and I've been pretty sure of the wordplay since Saturday.

But I just cannot find any definition that works for the entry - any hints?
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

quisling

25th May 2022, 12:06
If you add the deleted letter to the end of the grid entry you get a word meaning shlock. Both words are listed under “inferior” in Bradford’s
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

brendan

27th May 2022, 22:56
I've just looked at the solution to this and it confirms the extra letters give an instruction to anagram 11d. However, when solving it originally, I initially missed the D after ELEVEN and so thought we had to anagram the word ELEVEN which gives ENLEVE meaning "the abduction of a woman" which is basically what we have to do to Miss Muffet in the final grid (although she leaves of her own accord) - is this just a freaky coincidence?
18 of 18  -   Report This Post