CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

26th March 2022, 17:16
Hi HoS,

5a - anagram - definition is "prayer, supposedly"

22a - part of the answer is hidden and the other part is an indicator - definition is "that's cheeky"
31 of 58  -   Report This Post

roof

26th March 2022, 17:31
Hi Brendan

Started really late today. L ovely weather meant a lovely walk at Killerton with a friend.

Just read through all the clues and got zilch! But a possible answer for 11d. Haven't spotted any anagrams yet.
I've just read through the thread and will have another go when I've got the washing in.

32 of 58  -   Report This Post

roof

26th March 2022, 20:26
Well, I am finding it hard. I've managed more than half, but could do with some hints.

For 2d I have R?D?C???T? I can think of a word that fits and could be something you do in the bedroom, but cannot parse it. Are my letters right. Who or what is Ruby Green? Is it an anagram? If so, of what.

25ac I have ?O???I?N. I have no words as I don't understand the clue>

24ac What is an American gym teacher? Does it begin with I?

23 I know who Harris is (not one of the three men in a boat). But what is the definition?

There are a number of others that I have no idea about, but if I get a couple of hints, I may get others.
33 of 58  -   Report This Post

brendan

26th March 2022, 20:33
Hi Roof,

Hope you a great time at Killerton:-)

2d - 3 letter "ruby" + 3 letter "green" + 4 letter "consider" - definition is the last 9 words and your letters are all correct.

24a - Single letter "American" + 2,3 "gym teacher, perhaps" - definition is "a distant relative"?

23d - 3 letter "go" + single letter "against" all reversed/turned up - definition is "Harris for now" (politics)
34 of 58  -   Report This Post

brendan

26th March 2022, 20:34
..... 23d - the "go" is the type of wordplay often referred to as Pauline clue
35 of 58  -   Report This Post

jono

26th March 2022, 20:39
Ahh, thanks Brendan, when I said this morning I might be missing something re 2d, I was.. until now!
36 of 58  -   Report This Post

brendan

26th March 2022, 20:45
Thanks Jono, I had trouble in the NW because I initially put 'decadent' for 9a!
37 of 58  -   Report This Post

jono

26th March 2022, 20:49
Yes, I think ‘Dec’ was a trap as was ‘nipper’ in 26a, for me anyway
38 of 58  -   Report This Post

roof

26th March 2022, 20:54
Many thanks Brendan for explaining 2d. It was the word I was thinking of.
Meanwhile I had got 24ac

I still don't understand 23d, though I think I've got the letters, but am not sure which way up to put them as it doesn't make a word. Ah, as I type I think I've got it. It isn't wee, is it.
39 of 58  -   Report This Post

brendan

26th March 2022, 20:59
Thanks Roof, you're right, it's not 'wee' both your in the right ball park - boom boom 😂
40 of 58  -   Report This Post