CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

missrossers

25th January 2022, 17:18
What will punter do to acquire new set at any cost? 4-4
The answer is Hell-bent but can anyone help with the parsing please, also:
An apostle not entirely visible in Chinese republic. 3,6
The answer is San Marino, I can see the apostle not quite is mar(k) but what is the Chinese bit?
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th January 2022, 17:28
First one is He'll bet around N for new
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th January 2022, 17:30
SINO is an adjective for Chinese, as in the Sino-Japanese war. Around AN (in the clue), and MAR(k), as you say.
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

malone

25th January 2022, 17:35
Missrossers, if that puzzle is 28,194 or Jumbo 4987, your query would have been better posted on the existing threads. Duplicate threads aren't really necessary.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

missrossers

25th January 2022, 19:11
I’m sorry but I won’t through all the posts back to the date it came out and I couldn’t find any references to those clues or in fact the Times at all.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

missrossers

25th January 2022, 19:14
Thank you very much, ChrisE, most helpful
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

missrossers

25th January 2022, 19:24
Also, Malone, I can’t see what is wrong with duplicating if kind people are quite happy to reply and be helpful.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

25th January 2022, 19:28
Missrossers, it’s not a problem, don’t worry about it.

There are 3 Times threads on the first page, Times 4987, Times Cryptic 28,194 and Times Jumbo Cryptic 1538, I’m not sure if any of these are your Crossword.

As you will see, our Forum Members give the actual number of the crossword rather than the day of the week or date, it makes it a lot easier for you to check if a thread exists on the first page for your particular Crossword.

If your Crossword isn’t listed, then in future start a new thread with the crossword number rather than day of the week, thanks.

8 of 11  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th January 2022, 19:28
It can get out of hand, miscrossers - a year or two ago one weekend there were 16 different threads on the same puzzle.

In this instance it wasn;t that obvious that there were pre-existing threads, as they hadn't been precisely titled.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

25th January 2022, 19:32
Chrise, spot on. That’s when I started the policy of one thread per crossword on the first page - the Saturday when the first page had just 3 crosswords listed. It was ridiculous to say the least.
10 of 11  -   Report This Post