CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kt17

13th January 2022, 13:31
What a splendid theme!

Perhaps 'twas a pity that 21A was clued - with 4/5 letters checked it needed not to have been and would have delayed the PDM until further in.

M
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

13th January 2022, 14:13
I agree both about the number and the theme but I did have to do some research to find all the thematic answers. That added to my limited knowledge bank. . Yes, 21 across needn't have been clued.
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

the18racer

13th January 2022, 15:30
Not exactly the toughest of challenges, and I was pretty sure what it was I was looking for in terms of the "unclueds", but when the penny dropped regarding the title, I had quite a bit of a chuckle.
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

unclued

14th January 2022, 09:36
I have a complete grid but fail to understand the reference to a pangram. What am I missing?
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

14th January 2022, 09:49
I "think" there was an answer that was ambiguous ?
For all the letters to appear in the grid that determined the answer...
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

unclued

14th January 2022, 09:57
I have just checked and I used all the letters of the alphabet. Some of the place names were incredibly obscure and it took me a lot of searching to find them.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

drxx

14th January 2022, 11:04
xwordfan - I think the 'ambiguity' is actually on the other place, not near it, so not ambiguous as such (unless there are others... as is often the case with Doc).
Luckily I spotted it when I couldn't find the 'v' (and now I'm not convinced the unclued entries are exactly alike).
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

egill

14th January 2022, 18:33
The place alluded to in the title is indeed near the island of 21A and the included lights are on it rather than on 21A - I think.
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

egill

14th January 2022, 18:34
Unclued not included - flipping predictive text!
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

14th January 2022, 19:15
I haven’t posted on here for a while. I mostly just get on with it but this time I felt a comment was justified. Once I realised that I’d be trawling a map I gave up. I’d filled in all the clued lights then decided it was too tedious. I never submit, only do them for fun and this wasn’t. Roll on IQ and EV.
10 of 16  -   Report This Post