CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drxx

12th January 2022, 22:22
I thought Hants might be 4 - 'Chinese lot' = Han + (i)t (i)s ('blind' = without eyes - 'i's... but there's no homophone indicator, of course.
11 of 25  -   Report This Post

drxx

12th January 2022, 22:27
...also thought 3 - 'disheartened pumps' could be 'Herts [he(a)rts for 'pumps] but the 'a' isn't the true centre of the word... or am I being pedantic.
I think Wilts works OK for 13.
12 of 25  -   Report This Post

drxx

12th January 2022, 22:31
...and 'looking for pinkies' could be what people wearing hunting pink are engaged in - Hunts? (at a push...).
13 of 25  -   Report This Post

loge

13th January 2022, 07:04
12 is KEN + T Kent I think
14 of 25  -   Report This Post

penda

13th January 2022, 09:41
Well done all of you. Thanks Norah for your useful emend to the title.
I will bear in mind your comments in future
PENDA
15 of 25  -   Report This Post

jono

13th January 2022, 09:54
5 might be Berks, back to back is B and ER and Ks are the kings? Not sure about the ordering.

That leaves 6 and 8 I think and perhaps 2
16 of 25  -   Report This Post

loge

13th January 2022, 10:36
I wondered if the kings one was Yorks as the House of York produced three successive kings (I think) but that's hardly many!
17 of 25  -   Report This Post

drxx

13th January 2022, 10:53
I have a more convoluted idea for Yorks based on another homophone - Roy (for Roi - or maybe roy[als]?) + Ks back to back?
Similarly the French sur mer for 'at the seaside' - Somer?
And could Glo(w) be a 'little sky-light' ['over'above] u+c? - perhaps GL is a star abbrev? +o+u+c

I hope you'll give us the correct wordplays, penda - I'm intrigued (and others might be too).
18 of 25  -   Report This Post

penda

13th January 2022, 14:13
Hi all. Very cheered by your interest Drxx has asked if I will divulge the right answer- Yes of course!!!!! So here we go _-----
1.BEDS
2HUNT Yes the jacket is pink
3. HERTS Hearts - a
4. HANTS Han +t +s (no i's)
5. YORKS Roy + Ks
6 . LINCS Links
7. DEVON Of ( french and german ??????)
8 GLOUC Glo(w) + u.c.
9. CHESH Chess + h
10. LANCS Land + D - C
11. BUCKS Money (US)
12. KENT Ken + T
13. WILTS Flops

I am very aware of my slight inaccuracies - but you have all taken it in good part. Thanks for your company.
NOW what about PEER REVIEW
Cheers Penda (T)

19 of 25  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

13th January 2022, 14:26
Well done, Penda, I think everyone enjoyed taking part. You can do one another again on a Wednesday if you wish, it’s quieter in the Forum mid-week. I wouldn’t want to see one at the weekend.
20 of 25  -   Report This Post