CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kookaburra

21st September 2010, 11:28
OK Bruno
Who was right?
Jim C or The Kook?
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

bruno

21st September 2010, 12:37
OK OK - I'm going with people - I appreciate your help
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

kookaburra

22nd September 2010, 00:45
In greek mythology, Atalanta was a swift huntress who was unfairly beaten in a race when her opponent, Milanion, distracted her by rolling three golden apples, one by one, whenever she looked like winning.
The golden apples are associated with Atalanta's race but I can't think of an 8 letter answer to your clue.

13 of 17  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd September 2010, 01:00
The Garden of the Hesperides
The Garden of the Hesperides is Hera's orchard in the west, where either a single tree or a grove of immortality-giving golden apples grew. The apples were planted from the fruited branches that Gaia gave to her as a wedding gift when Hera accepted Zeus. The Hesperides were given the task of tending to the grove, but occasionally plucked from it themselves. Not trusting them, Hera also placed in the garden a never-sleeping, hundred-headed dragon named Ladon as an additional safeguard.

14 of 17  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd September 2010, 01:04

bruno

22nd September 2010, 08:51
thanks for all the help with the apples - the problem is, I can't find an answer which exactly fits the clue - what were the apples...
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd September 2010, 11:23
see what u mean Bruno - closest I can find are Ambrosia or panacean
17 of 17  -   Report This Post