CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

winnie

12th January 2022, 16:06
Closing Date - 28 February

I am struggling with three clues in this Rainbow quiz. All answers are 0bviously connected to hair and any extra hints would be very welcome.
7. Moves quickly without hesitation for people to beat (8)
13. Line down the back of the head (5)
15. Blow on lower tuft (7)
Thanks.
1 of 41  -   Report This Post

malone

12th January 2022, 16:15
Is this a very recent puzzle? Last time I looked, it was still the T one. Some of them have been great fun, though tough in places - just as well the closing dates are always months away!
2 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th January 2022, 16:18
Please read posting guidelines

Thread title should read
Rainbow Quiz A Hairy puzzle

and show closing date in your message : 28 February 2022
3 of 41  -   Report This Post

aldobear

12th January 2022, 16:23
With respect, this quiz is nothing to do with Rainbow quizzes, apart from the fact that the same person sets both quizzes. This quiz is on behalf of Arthur Rank Hospice, so Rainbow does not need to be in the title.
4 of 41  -   Report This Post

malone

12th January 2022, 16:27
Aldobear, now I'm confused - the person seeking help refers to 'this Rainbow quiz'. I thought that meant it was the 'usual' one, the one where the Firum gets lots lof requests for hints (and answers).
5 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th January 2022, 16:31
Apologies. The quiz name should read: Neville Mizzen Quiz a Hairy Puzzle
c/d 28 February
6 of 41  -   Report This Post

malone

12th January 2022, 16:34
Thanks, Jazzgirl - I think the OP was a little confusing! Glad it's been cleared up...
7 of 41  -   Report This Post

aldobear

12th January 2022, 16:34
Malone, not only was jazz girl incorrect with what she thought the title should be, but the OP is also incorrect as it is definitely nothing to do with Rainbow, other than as I said, Neville Mizen sets both quizzes. This one is for Arthur Rank Hospice and always closes 28 February each year only there are only 25 questions, whereas the 2 rainbow quizzes each have 100 questions. Hope this helps. You can get the quiz via google by entering Arthur rank hospice a hairy puzzle.
8 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th January 2022, 16:36
Hopefully Norah will alter thread title and add c/d 28 Feb 2022
9 of 41  -   Report This Post

malone

12th January 2022, 16:42
Aldobear, thanks for the additional information. Maybe Neville's prodigious output led to the confusion? I'll have a look at the quiz itself a bit later - only 25 questions seems quite an attractive prospect!
10 of 41  -   Report This Post