CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geeker

23rd October 2021, 01:42
Good grief...a full hour after desperately struggling to solve 10, I finally realized that I once enjoyed the very same confections at a Christmas party.
11 of 40  -   Report This Post

brendan

23rd October 2021, 01:48
I'm looking at pictures of it now Geeker and I can't say it's quite got the gastric juices flowing - and I absolutely love chocolate 😋Maybe it tastes better than it looks.

PS If I hadn't got the green tick I wouldn't have been sure of this answer.
12 of 40  -   Report This Post

geeker

23rd October 2021, 01:54
Brendan, I don't often eat sweets. To be honest, the version I went for at the holiday party was not a knockout and I took a serving mostly to be polite. 😉 Some of the pics from Google looked rather more appetizing, though.
13 of 40  -   Report This Post

alzy

23rd October 2021, 03:45
Late to the party and obviously slower than the average bear, but at least I finished without leaning on the forum. I'm happy with all the parsing after a few mis-steps along the way. Teasing puzzle in places but fun. FOI 1a followed by 6d which opened things up a bit. COD 11a for intentionally leading me astray. Thank you, Philistine.
14 of 40  -   Report This Post

jono

23rd October 2021, 07:08
Fairly straightforward I thought but with a good variety of clue difficulty. I particularly liked the ‘in what you do’ element in 1d, the device in 13/14, the Latin clue and the deception in 11a. Thanks, Philistine
15 of 40  -   Report This Post

alzy

23rd October 2021, 07:21
Speaking of the Latin clue. Try to ignore the spelling mistake. I'm just sayin' ...
16 of 40  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd October 2021, 09:18
The lunch meaning of 10 is/was very big business in India. It was delivered in reusable boxes to workers in offices etc.

5d seemed a bit weak - no great step from clue to answer.
17 of 40  -   Report This Post

rocky7

23rd October 2021, 09:46
Also 10a was used as a word for something else in Carry on up the Kyber.

Quite straightforward today. If I was being over critical I'd say too many anagrams for my liking but that might just be me.

COD definitely 3d.
18 of 40  -   Report This Post

smot

23rd October 2021, 10:48
Well, this was a rarity for me - fully solved, and before midday. Ok, I used the "Anagram" helper on this site for 16a, but the rest was All My Own Work :-)
3d made me laugh, so it's got to be COD. Not sure I can still quite parse 1d, but it fits.
1a and 26a use the same device, so if you've got one, it helps with the other.
V. enjoyable.
19 of 40  -   Report This Post

mikey456

23rd October 2021, 11:46
6d: I have a solution for this, though it's not the common phrase I am used to...
How is this solution parsed?
Anagram of transfusion leaves 4 letters,which blood "regularly" does not fit.
20 of 40  -   Report This Post