CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mooncow

26th October 2021, 21:03
I’m making steady progress with this one, and quite enjoying it so far. Can I just check one clarification of the rubric? We’re told that I n seven cells letters clash and must be added: do I take it that the resulting letters/spaces not only can form the writer’s name but are also what we should write in to those seven cells in the grid? And that doing this means there will grid entries that are now not words or names?
11 of 13  -   Report This Post

drxx

26th October 2021, 21:41
I don't think it can hurt to confirm all of your suspicions, mooncow - it merely confirms what's written in the preamble (although, by taking out a little of the doubt, I might be crossing a line - apologies if that's the case).
12 of 13  -   Report This Post

mooncow

28th October 2021, 03:01
Thanks drxx -- and when I starting tracking down the thematic items it became clear that was the right thing to have done. I enjoyed this puzzle, but if it could be improved slightly it would be by just tightening up the wording of the rubric a little bit.

I would think that discussing or clarifying the rubric should fall within the 'gentle hints' that some who jump on people for crossing a line have maybe forgotten are also permissible here. I don't like to go looking in the Other Place until I've finished, unless I really get stuck, because it's difficult to unsee what you've seen one you've seen it, notwithstanding everyone's commendable efforts to be subtle!

Is Banjaluka a new setter? I can't see him on the list. If this was a first contribution then I think it was an impressive one.
13 of 13  -   Report This Post