CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

18th October 2021, 03:53
12a - Will’s foot mob possibly no good in Chicago, unfortunately (9)

I have an answer that mean "Will's fool" (the misprint being in the definition) made up from an anagram of "Chicago" minus the G but it means I have to equate CAP to "mob" which doesn't seem right - Where have I gone wrong?
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

brendan

18th October 2021, 03:55
Cancel that - I didn't scroll down far enough in Chambers - again 😡
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

18th October 2021, 07:54
That was a very clever piece of construction - from the linking of the phrase and the work of the second name through to the final “flow chart” and the associated bars. Hats off to Ifor.

Speaking of hats, I was impressed by the headgear of the second name on his wiki page. How he had time to fix that while doing all his other stuff is a mystery!
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

ifor

18th October 2021, 09:19
Thank you, Aspria (and to others subsequently posting in similar vein). It's good to know that something that I enjoy doing also provides enjoyment for others.
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

19th October 2021, 11:31
A most enjoyable albeit challenging puzzle.
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

0pt0

19th October 2021, 15:28
The preamble says we must show the bars associated with seven cells. I had expected the bars to indicate links between the highlighted cells. However, this does not appear to be the case. On the horizontal parts of the flow chart the bars associated with the cells are vertical and vice versa. These appear to indicate abutments rather than links. The bars associated with the bottom-most cell would also be vertical, whichever one is chosen. I therefore intend to insert the abutments. Does anyone disagree?
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

drxx

19th October 2021, 16:47
I think the bars indicate crossings of the highlighted area, 0pt0 - and do so in the way you describe them - so 'abutments' would be in order (but I can't see why you'd be expect them to link the highlighted area, as opposed to crossing it).
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

0pt0

19th October 2021, 18:48
Thanks Drxx. It was flawed reasoning by me to think that the bars might link the highlighted cells. It is obvious to me now that they don't.
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

20th October 2021, 19:37
I’m still trying to fill the grid. Stuck in SE corner, and can’t make any sense from the misprints.
Can I have a hand with a clue to get me going again, please?

22d Perfect knight again deplored having women captured (6)
Misprint in wordplay.

Thank you
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

buddy

20th October 2021, 19:45
Change the R in "deplored" to a Y and it becomes an anagram indicator
20 of 22  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1509