CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hotelwhiskey7

17th October 2021, 07:38
17 - first word is definition; rough as in initial version of a document.
71 of 77  -   Report This Post

rocky7

17th October 2021, 07:55
Thanks HW. I think you meant 21 but I got there thanks to your hint. I had the right answer but couldn't see it for some reason. Consequently got 17d straight after. Green tick all sorted.
72 of 77  -   Report This Post

philo

17th October 2021, 15:10
Somewhat late to the party - I've been doing the Everyman today - but I was hoping that fresh eyes this morning would help. But no, I'm stuck with 7 and 15 down. I have all the crossers but no idea. Any hints gratefully received.
73 of 77  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

17th October 2021, 15:13
If you tinkerbell for a while you should find the spirit.

15D has been explained earlier on I think, "rogue" is the anagrind.
74 of 77  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th October 2021, 15:15
Hi philo
7 the "spirit" is a bit loose - it's a mythical creature. 3 letter mountain upwards
15d the definition doesn't really make sense - where are the two places mentioned? The answer is an anagram.
75 of 77  -   Report This Post

jimr

17th October 2021, 16:43
It's the first time I've posted here: the Guardian Saturday crossword can sometimes take me up to Friday to complete, so I often head here for inspiration when most of you have long packed up and gone home. For one by Paul, this was more straightforward than usual somehow, but hugely enjoyable. I especially enjoyed 14a, 5d and 17d. The long one came fairly early on, which helped. 1d was the last one in, surprise surprise.
I actually like the tough crosswords, as long as there's a way in - what's the rush? I'm very happy to finish one on a Thursday or Friday.
76 of 77  -   Report This Post

philo

17th October 2021, 18:10
Thanks ParadigmShifter and Chris - oddly enough, some friends came round and helped me see the light, but it was still very nice to come back and find such nice help from the forum.
It's a friendly place, as Brendan often says.
And I'm with Jim, too, it'll often take me a lot longer to finish.
77 of 77  -   Report This Post