CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

deva

1st August 2021, 09:58
Members of group lent you a lot (6)
That woman left to somehow rest in camps (8)
Opens first of schoolbooks and quietly studies (7)
Help please
11 of 21  -   Report This Post

quisling

1st August 2021, 10:05
Deva, can I ask what the teacher’s instructions were? Was it to try to solve the clues yourself, or to go online and ask someone the answers and pretend it was all your own work? Just interested how teaching works these days
12 of 21  -   Report This Post

deva

1st August 2021, 10:08
-__-
13 of 21  -   Report This Post

malone

1st August 2021, 10:14
Deva, we're a keen and helpful bunch here - but after your remarks yesterday, I'm concerned that you want us to give you ALL the answers. That's not a good thing! I'd hoped that by helping you with two, you'd be keen to do the others yourself.
14 of 21  -   Report This Post

deva

1st August 2021, 10:29
ummm okay

sorry

i filled the entire crossowrd of 20 clues
excpet the 3 below
Some poisonous pill Edward threw (7)
It ices horribly in Darjeeling and Simla, say (6)
Animals from Chennai initially reaching Salem, lost (6)

PLease help in these
15 of 21  -   Report This Post

malone

1st August 2021, 10:41
Thanks, Deva.

1. The answer is simply hidden in the clue, the definition is the last word.

2. An anagram, it's what Darjeeling and Simla are.

3. Take the first letter (initially) of Chennai and anagram it with Salem, you'll get animals.
16 of 21  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st August 2021, 10:51
Is this a crossword or just a list of daily clues? . If it is an actual crossword, you already have some letters for the unsolved clues.
I have seen all the clues on an Indian website ,which has already been mentioned a few years back on this forum )where schoolchildren have to enter their answers and there is a gallery of best achievers/winners etc
17 of 21  -   Report This Post

deva

1st August 2021, 10:54
Jazzgirl, my sir actually just told me, he is preparing me for thaat competition only, and his another student in participating in that so he asked those qns to me
18 of 21  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st August 2021, 11:05
Deva, Yes I understand now that your teacher may be giving you some previous clues from that website . I hope you have found the help given here useful and I wish you good luck
19 of 21  -   Report This Post

malone

1st August 2021, 11:07
Thanks for the update, Deva. Now that you've tackled a number of these yourself and have had help to see how the others work, you should be picking up lots of crossword know-how.
20 of 21  -   Report This Post