CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mathprofrockstar

23rd July 2021, 20:46
Looks like that's a wrap. Lots of great clues as evidenced by how widely spread the votes were. We had six clues with one vote each. Tied for second with two votes each were PaulH @12 with monarchy - mo + a, and fieryjack @13 with an anagram of Canary Wharf - f - war. Today's winner is mattrom @7 with three votes for

Runaway Harry can stir up unrest (7)

A little comment on the current conflict in the British royal family was just too good to pass up.

Congratulations, mattrom. Your prizes are the academic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Bv2MKY7uI

and of course the moment you were waiting for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBojbjoMttI

It's the only way to be!
51 of 66  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd July 2021, 21:01
Thanks MPRS and congrats mattrom.
I must confess that I'm puzzled by the clue. If "unrest" is the definition, hwy are there two anagram indicators? "Runaway" seems superfluous.
52 of 66  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

23rd July 2021, 21:10
Runaway is meaning take away r for run. There is an extra "r" in Harry.
53 of 66  -   Report This Post

jono

23rd July 2021, 21:10
Congrats Mattrom and cheers Prof for the challenge. Thanks also to Mattrom and FieryJack for likes

Chris, runaway is ‘run away’ -R
54 of 66  -   Report This Post

spike2

23rd July 2021, 21:16
Well done, Mattrom! Nice one, Mprs! A great sequel to Sneer Review. You teased me with the promise of something good and duly delivered! It NEVER gets old.

My thanks to Mattrom, Jono and BBM2 for the mentions, most appreciated.
55 of 66  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd July 2021, 21:17
Thanks both. Careless of me!
56 of 66  -   Report This Post

tyke51

23rd July 2021, 21:44
Well done Mattrom - liked `runaway`. Thanks for your vote Fiery and also thanks to Aristo, Jimmyg & Paulh for mentions - much appreciated.

Good word choice Mprs - I agree with most of what Chomsky says, especially when I`ve had a few drinks! - but I decided years ago that most people just want `the quiet life`. They don`t realise that there may be a better way and seem content to accept things as they are.
57 of 66  -   Report This Post

jimmygtal

23rd July 2021, 22:08
Congrats mattron. Great word choice mprs
58 of 66  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

23rd July 2021, 22:34
Congratulations, mattrom, and thanks for your like along with those of Jono and spike.

Votes from tyke and buddy much appreciated.

Thanks for hosting, mathprof, and for not testing my fading memory of calculus and coordinate geometry.
59 of 66  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd July 2021, 22:39
Characteristically lovely, mattrom, and thanks so much for the vote. Thanks also to mathprof. Re Chomsky: imagine remarrying at eighty-six! Seems unanarchistic to me.
60 of 66  -   Report This Post