CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

vinnygrey

3rd July 2021, 18:20
In the North it’s a phrase more often used to admit agreement with another’s opinion.

Agree this week was quite straightforward but still really enjoyable. 25a my personal favourite.
31 of 51  -   Report This Post

brendan

3rd July 2021, 18:34
Hi Vinny, that's what I've always understood it to mean, but Chambers gives both definitions so ... 18d - geddit 😉😜
32 of 51  -   Report This Post

roof

3rd July 2021, 19:02
I'm obviously not doing as well as you guys: I keep falling asleep. I've got going a bit now and following the hints I hope to do more. I shan't be watching the footie. I look forward to tackling 14d and 16ac'. I'll be back later seeking help. My FOI was 13d.
33 of 51  -   Report This Post

crypticsilver

3rd July 2021, 19:06
Although I have checked in with this wonderful forum many times, it is only today I have done the deed and registered so I can contribute. This Brummie offering is the first Prize in I cannot remember when that I have managed to solve on my own without looking for the invaluable help the forum provides. Favourite clue 16 (thankfully I don't have any!)
34 of 51  -   Report This Post

vinnygrey

3rd July 2021, 19:11
My first contribution too. 16a was a late one in for me - a bit of a head-scratcher, I suppose.
35 of 51  -   Report This Post

geeker

3rd July 2021, 19:21
16a was a late one in for me - a bit of a head-scratcher, I suppose.
Good one! 🤣
36 of 51  -   Report This Post

brendan

3rd July 2021, 19:57
".... head-scratcher" - nice one Vinny😂.

Welcome to the Forum and we look forward to hearing from you and Crypticsilver again:-)

Now for the football - eek!!
37 of 51  -   Report This Post

roof

3rd July 2021, 20:26
Hi Brendan et al

I've managed to fill a few more in, but still have quite a few to get. I got 14d, though cannot parse the first word but I'm happy with theanswer. I can't parse my answer to 27ac either, so maybe it is wrong.

Despite the hints given earlier, I can't seem to get a "red" that fits with my answer for 3d. I'm happy with the latter and 4d has completely defeated me. Please can I have a hint for 1ac I only have ???? F???S

I'm hoping to watch Beck at 9.00pm. Many years ago I read all the books by Sjowall and Wahloo (I can't remember how to spell their names).
38 of 51  -   Report This Post

richardk

3rd July 2021, 20:31
27ac is a lot of “primarilies” for the first five letters then a synonym for reluctant for the final four.
39 of 51  -   Report This Post

vinnygrey

3rd July 2021, 20:42
For 1a think what technique a camera might use to make someone look more attractive!
40 of 51  -   Report This Post