CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paulhabershon

12th May 2021, 21:06
PEER REVIEW 488

Welcome to our friendly competition to compose a cryptic clue to be judged by your fellow contestants.

You may enter as many clues as you like and everyone is welcome, particularly new entrants. Feel free to explain your clue, if you think it will help, or to ask another entrant to parse their clue.

Clues should be posted before 12 noon (UK time) on Friday, May 14th, when voting opens. Voting closes at 9 p.m. (UK time) the same day.

Entrants should vote for their favourite clue, indicating that entrant's name and clue number. The entry with the most votes wins and its composer sets next week's competition. The setter has the deciding vote in the event of a tie. The setter will declare the winner and award an online prize.

This week's challenge is:

CHEESE (6)

Good luck!
1 of 85  -   Report This Post

chrise

12th May 2021, 21:13
Something to say when posing? (6)
2 of 85  -   Report This Post

buddy

12th May 2021, 22:05
Perhaps Leicester's clean sheet ruined when Thomas, Albrighton, Leshabela and Ndidi initially are sent off (6)

These are players on Leicester City's roster, if their website is to be believed.

I'm tossing in a clue so I can vote on Friday but will be unable to host next week in the extremely unlikely event that the above entry would get a vote, so don't vote for it please.

Like mathprof last week I have finals to deal with and then I WILL BE A RETIRED PROFESSOR and will be spending the week after that on vacation away from computers, phones, and the world in general.
3 of 85  -   Report This Post

tyke51

12th May 2021, 22:18
Food possibly served on board (6)
4 of 85  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

12th May 2021, 22:24
Hey, I’m retiring this year too, Buddy. No immediate vacation plans though. Maybe go to Cleveland and knock some heads together at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for not inducting DEVO.
5 of 85  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

12th May 2021, 22:26
Poster boy gets points for sentimentality (6)
6 of 85  -   Report This Post

buddy

12th May 2021, 22:29
mprs: And the Go-Go's got in? Madness!
7 of 85  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

12th May 2021, 22:42
I don’t think Madness are in.
8 of 85  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

12th May 2021, 22:55
Maybe in retirement we can take our comedy act on the road.
9 of 85  -   Report This Post

paul

12th May 2021, 23:26
Red escapes initially to Kent, then Leicester? (6)
10 of 85  -   Report This Post