CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mistype

12th April 2021, 08:48
Thanks. I got it about 5 mins after posting while doing the washing up. Funny how that happens.
71 of 74  -   Report This Post

ronpegram

13th April 2021, 12:27
Just discovered this forum - which I suspect that I shall now be using regularly. Thanks guys.
Yes, Paul's latest was entertaining and difficult - I actually got 6d by solving the anagram before I had any idea about the identity of the person referenced by the definition - but only after I had realised that I had an 'm' in 11ac that should have been a 'p'. Just the sort of infuriating thing that makes solving puzzles so much fun!
72 of 74  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th April 2021, 12:33
Welcome ronpegram
Yes, a very helpful site, with lots of helpful posters!
73 of 74  -   Report This Post

longtimelurker

13th April 2021, 23:46
Very late to the party but I've finished! Like many people, we found it difficult (and didn't have much time on Saturday, which didn't help). But a hint for 17a from the forum unlocked the rest for me this evening. I knew the artist, though that didn't help until I got the crosser from solving 16d. I had heard of 22a from reading a fair few boarding school stories as a child (I'm sure the term was used in the Billy Bunter books). COD for me was 11a (with 6D a close second).

At least I don't have to tear the puzzle out and put it in my file of unsolved puzzles.
74 of 74  -   Report This Post