CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

buddy

9th April 2021, 19:37
A tie! Zut alors!

With one vote we have mattrom 4, peterm 16, and bbm 20
Two votes apiece for paul 7 and jono 24
Sitting on 3 votes are mprs 3 and rossim 22

So it falls to me to cast a vote between two "moo, reversed" clues. Although mathprof got there first, rossim's clue has a better surface. However, I am not convinced by "hurriedly" (an adverb) as a definition of "zoom" (a verb). (Or, by "hurriedly open" if "open" is meant to do double duty.) So my vote goes to mprs 3 for the deep dive into Hippotigris physiology:

Zebra’s front and low back give it speed. (4)

Congrats to mathprofrockstar (to use his full name) and sorry rossim.

Prize time:

Educational:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5JBlwlnJX0

Not educational:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l17UIwAFOyk

Music bonus: some Philly soul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMo6Ju8SJ8o
51 of 61  -   Report This Post

rossim

9th April 2021, 19:56
No hard feelings Buddy! Thanks for hosting with challenging words.
I'm pleased you won Mathprorockstar.
I loved your clue and voted for it. I hadn't noticed your use of low back before I set mine.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next week.

I must thank Marty, Jimmytgal and Paul for your votes and Chris and Peterm for your likes. All much appreciated.

See you all here next week.
52 of 61  -   Report This Post

jono

9th April 2021, 20:00
Congrats Mathsprof, and bad luck Rossim, I liked your clue also. Thanks Buddy, I guess your work for today is not yet over, see you in a little while. Dorrien, Fj and Peterm - happy you and Spooner were ‘amoozed’ 😊
53 of 61  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th April 2021, 20:05
Congrats MPRS and thanks buddy.
54 of 61  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

9th April 2021, 20:31
Thanks, buddy, and nice one, mathprof.
55 of 61  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

9th April 2021, 21:07
Congratulations Mathprof
Cheers Buddy
56 of 61  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

9th April 2021, 21:08
Wow! Thanks mattrom, peter, and rossim, and commiserations also to rossim. I certainly don't own "low back," and it just sort of jumped out at me. I just had to come up with a "Z" word. Rossim's clue was far sexier. Thanks to Buddy for the tie-breaker, and for the hosting, and for the prizes. I enjoyed them all. Lessons learned: Hitchcock was a great innovator, and don't mess with Jackie Weaver.
57 of 61  -   Report This Post

paul

9th April 2021, 21:15
Congrats Prof and thanks for the vote.thanks also to Paul for the vote, and Dorrien and Rossim for the likes. All very much appreciated.
Most of all thanks to Buddy for a focussed set of clues and excellent hosting!
58 of 61  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th April 2021, 21:30
Nice, mathprof. Thanks for hosting, buddy, and for the mention, dorrien. Loved the parish council meeting.
59 of 61  -   Report This Post

mattrom

9th April 2021, 23:14
Well done, Prof! Thanks for an interesting challenge, Buddy. I often wonder if the host had a clue or two in mind.......?
A big thank you also to Jono for your vote, and to FJ and Paul for the mentions.
60 of 61  -   Report This Post