CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kt17

7th March 2021, 10:07
Cheery and upbeat today thought I. I chuckled at

13 The most important thing, half of what's due (9, two words)
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

mattrom

7th March 2021, 10:56
I did especially like this week's puzzle, Kt. I had a smile at 8d.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

eviltony

7th March 2021, 23:02
8d was all the more unusual, Mattrom, in that the answer was the last word in a preceding clue.

I do wish the crossword could be tackled online, and without recourse to a printed version.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

granama1

8th March 2021, 10:05
It took a while for the penny to drop for 13a. It's a classic!

Enjoyed this a lot and I find that having worked through the Azed back-catalogue doing 1 or 2 a day I'm getting better and seeing things like the shopping bag in 23a reappear.

One small ? Over the parsing of 16d. I assume the short somg is the second half of the answer (less 'one') but can't make anything fit.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

jacknatter

8th March 2021, 10:09
The five-letter (assumed) surname of a member of the 'Fab Four' ['Fab performer'] is followed by a contraction of 'in' ['in short'] and a three-letter word for a song ['song'] without the A ['one released'], the def being 'in twinkly style'.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

granama1

8th March 2021, 10:57
Thanks Jack. I had the right answer but my parsing was way off. Completely missed the 'in' bit and the Fab reference. I just assumed a fab performer is a ****.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post