CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ohcelt

7th March 2021, 01:18
Does anyone have tomorrow's Everyman online yet? It is usually there by 7pm EST, but at 8:20 there is still no sign of it.
1 of 52  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th March 2021, 01:22
It hasn't appeared yet. Let's hope it turns up soon.
2 of 52  -   Report This Post

petercarlington

7th March 2021, 02:44
2:43 here and the world is still not right
3 of 52  -   Report This Post

germy

7th March 2021, 02:53
The PDF of today's Everyman is available here.

https://crosswords-static.guim.co.uk/obs.everyman.20210307.pdf

Germy
4 of 52  -   Report This Post

mattrom

7th March 2021, 04:10
Thank you, Germy.
5 of 52  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th March 2021, 06:10
It's 5.50 am and there is no sign of this week's Everyman on the Guardian website but Germy has very kindly provided a link to the PDF version.

I really liked this and found it quite a challenge in places. especially 15a and 18d - neither of which I'm entirely sure how to parse correctly.

If you do get stuck there's two long anagrams and an initial letters in the acrosses and three long anagrams in the downs.

COD - I really liked the homophone at 5d and the Spoonerism at 9a, I also liked 8d but I've gone for the excellent 14d - President and spin doctor getting something to eat in Australia - brilliant 😃

Thanks to Everyman for another great crossword.

And thanks again to Germy for providing the link.

We had more new members joining last week. There was Doglover, Pulmunen from Lapland and Demonee from Melbourne, lending a very cosmopolitan flavour to our friendly Everyman thread.

Remember, if you get stuck don't hesitate to ask for a hint.

Stay safe:-)
6 of 52  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th March 2021, 06:16
Just parsed 18d - another lovely clue.
7 of 52  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th March 2021, 06:26
15a - I can see "earl", "run away from home, twice" and what I think is the definition, but just can't see what role "peer" plays?
8 of 52  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th March 2021, 06:29
Ahhhh! What an idiot I am and what a clever clue - that's easier to write than say! 😜
9 of 52  -   Report This Post

jono

7th March 2021, 07:10
Morning,
Just twigged the ‘spin doctor’ reference! Very good, but I wonder if that will be well known to many, esp outside the UK. Hoping the app version will appear soon as at present having to do this in my head from the pdf.
Thanks for the link Germy!
I notice the amp amp thing is happening in the thread header again.
10 of 52  -   Report This Post