CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

27th February 2021, 09:37
Apologies for the new thread - I didn't want to add this partial spoiler to the main thread.

I've have a live recorded album of Robin Williamson and John Renbourn playing together. At one point they discuss calling themselves "The Impenetrable String Tangle".
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

lucertola

27th February 2021, 10:11
Hi ChrisE,

I was very pleased to see that you had put in a "spoiler" as my heart sinks every time I see the name Paul on a puzzle with no check button.

However, I presume the answer is a nine letter word related to the occult! But the only nine letter answer would be 10 25 and I just can't see how that would be from the clue.

Any chance of you spoiling things a bit more, as I have only managed to solve to clues unaided (20 and 14) and any help would be much appreciated.

Nice to see anoither Renbourn/Williamson appreciator. I had the good luck to see them perform together a few years back, and the ticket included a workshop with John. What a lovely man!

All best.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th February 2021, 10:16
Hi lucertola
The theme is a festival and acts that played there. I'm afraid I called up a list, as I couldn't remember many of them. As someone (brendan?) said on the other thread, 17a is a good way in, as there aren't all that many words ending IX
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

rossim

27th February 2021, 11:04
I went in at 17a before I saw this thread!
I've seen a tribute act but it's not really my thing.
To finish this crossword I think I shall have to rely on google.
It's too lovely and sunny outside to stay in so I might look again later.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

lucertola

27th February 2021, 11:30
Thanks, ChrisE. I've got the festival after reading Brendan's thread, but still puzzled by your spoiler. Is Bert Jansch involved?
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

lucertola

27th February 2021, 11:32
Thanks for the IX tip. The guitarist is in and know I know the festival I maight make some headway. :-)
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th February 2021, 11:36
only indirectly. jansch and renbourn were members of pentangle.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

lucertola

27th February 2021, 11:55
Yes, I thought the answer was pentangle but having consulted list of acts on google now I see I should have focussed on Robin not John!

Thanks for your help. By cheating as much as possible I may even finish this by next year! :-)
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

lucertola

27th February 2021, 12:22
Much to my surprise I've finished the damn thing. Thanks for your Incredible help. :-)
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

smot

27th February 2021, 19:56
I saw both the groups noted here (not the hybrid group) in the late 60's at the South Bank, and Williamson & Heron in a reunion tour some years ago at Wavenden. Superb.

10 of 10  -   Report This Post