CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

son1ofrover1

26th January 2021, 08:10
Are the L words in the final grid to be highlighted or the shorter one and the other moved entry? I think that given the quote it should be the former but it's a shame to have a rather ambiguous endgame to what was a clever puzzle.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

candledave

26th January 2021, 08:44
I went with symmetrical highlighting of what could be argued to be the wider theme being referenced.

No idea if right but symmetry always looks good!
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

bunty

26th January 2021, 09:31
I just highlighted the 2 words (as per preamble) indicating what's earned (from the quote) ??
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

26th January 2021, 09:42
I suppose that would make sense, not least because otherwise one would simply be highlighting the swapped words and that is not indicated by the preamble. Thanks.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

candledave

26th January 2021, 18:41
Sorry - ignore my earlier comment today which may have confused matters, my ODQ has just turned up and I have seen the definitive quote!
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

turast

27th January 2021, 08:10
I'd be very grateful to know what the definitive thematic quotation alludes to. They seem a very unlikely pair to be doing what the quotation alleges, particularly when separated by the Atlantic, and, even figuratively, in what way are they doing it? I would have thought the earnings from the writing and designing were more than adequate. Also the hidden message seems to indicate that they were both simultaneously making the same claim about one anothers' extra- curricular part-time work, which, according to the highlighting, wasn't very lucrative anyway.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1471