CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sunray

21st January 2021, 22:43
Hi kiesterbutton.
Mail from Canada to USA takes 4 to 6 days, so you should be fine.

If you have a subscription, you should attach the label. If you win, they will extend your subscription by one year. If you do not attach the label, they will start a new one. You will have to write to them to sort it out.

I have won three times over the years and each time they extended my subscription by 12 months.
I no longer submit.
Do not give up. Submit until you win.

Good luck.

21 of 27  -   Report This Post

grunger

22nd January 2021, 14:00
Rosalind Aristophanes

I like both chefs. I was wondering what is the past tense of the verb "to eighty-six", is it eighty-sixed or eighty-sixted, which probably sounds better.

I have the same trouble with the past tense of "to text". I have used "texed", "texxed" and "texted", none or which seems right.
22 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd January 2021, 15:09
Eighty-sixed and texted, surely.
23 of 27  -   Report This Post

kt17

22nd January 2021, 16:01
Thanks as ever Syz, a nice 'cup of coffee' puzzle!
24 of 27  -   Report This Post

rosalind

22nd January 2021, 16:25
Agree with Mr A. I've seen texted written many times and sixed seems least clumsy.
I know it is correct to call vanilla "bland" but I think it's a wonderful taste and, particularly, smell. I bought loads of pods in Costa Rica as they are very expensive here.
25 of 27  -   Report This Post

grunger

22nd January 2021, 17:07
Aristophanes Rosalind

Thanks, I will use those in future.
26 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd January 2021, 21:30
I believe the three most expensive spices are saffron, vanilla, and cardamom, the last of which is often used in Swedish breads and pastries, so I'm always buying it. Fortunately there are large cardamom plantations in Guatemala (random or what?) so there are bargains to be found. The spice of the gods- the Norse ones at least.
27 of 27  -   Report This Post