CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cockie

17th October 2020, 20:01
Nice puzzle with some tricky clues and a satisfying PDM. I have the fifth individual and the place where he is (13 in total) but the other 13 have been fruitlessly stared at for longer than I care to think about.
1 of 38  -   Report This Post

drxx

17th October 2020, 20:24
Symmetrical , not in a straight line and you'll know the two words (run together).
2 of 38  -   Report This Post

cockie

17th October 2020, 20:57
Thanks drxx. Not sure that those two words, although highly relevant, are a "clue to his present location" though. Other events take place there. Still, that's a weakness in the Preamble and doesn't detract from the puzzle itself. Always a problem when Setter = Editor.
3 of 38  -   Report This Post

drxx

17th October 2020, 21:02
I took it to suggest that the location is at the f-p, cockie (but I agree, it's a little way past it).
4 of 38  -   Report This Post

loge

17th October 2020, 21:35
The final 13 cells took me longer to find than the rest of the puzzle took to complete, and that was hardly a fast solve. It was another excellent puzzle spoiled by tiresome grid staring. I don’t think the highlighted items are clues as such, and I spent ages trying to find a cryptic indication of w****** p***. Perhaps that’s just me.

I assume that the shape of the 13 cell highlighting is significant? Can’t see it myself but then I know little about the subject.
5 of 38  -   Report This Post

jogamel

17th October 2020, 21:39
Loved this today guys and for once didn’t beg for guidance
6 of 38  -   Report This Post

malone

17th October 2020, 21:41
Great, Jogamel.

PS You never 'beg', you always just ask nicely!
7 of 38  -   Report This Post

candledave

18th October 2020, 09:46
I’m in a similar place to you, loge. Found the grid fill more difficult than some, the extra letter gimmick can make it challenging with such obscure words, but now been searching for ages to find the last 13 cells which I was sure was going to be w....p.... and has sapped away the enjoyment so putting this in the DNF pile and moving on!
8 of 38  -   Report This Post

loge

18th October 2020, 10:02
Don't give up after all that hard work, Candledave! The 13 cells consist of two words, (5,8), and the middle three letters appear left to right in one of the rows near the top. You should be able to take it from there.

It's not what you might expect from the preamble's mention of "clues" - simply a relevant event involving the fifth individual.
9 of 38  -   Report This Post

candledave

18th October 2020, 10:11
Thanks Loge for the hint - got it.

In fairness, that shape could possibly be symbolic of where he is now but anyway, I’m not good at grid staring so Nimrod got one over on me there.

At least it’s put to bed properly - thanks.
10 of 38  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1669