CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

clarkgwent

5th July 2020, 04:27
At 14d Everyman repeats last week's cunning ruse.

7d made me smile.

Bit of a chore otherwise.
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

cymro

5th July 2020, 07:46
Yes, I agree. Too many anagrams.
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

adnarim

5th July 2020, 08:02
I have answers for everything but don't understand the wordplay for 4d or 10a. Can someone enlighten me?
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

5th July 2020, 08:21
4d 'Ferociously' is the anagram indicator, and the definition is 'encouragement'. Remove 'a boy' ('strangely wanting') from a clue word
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

5th July 2020, 08:25
10a Definition is 'spoken'. A 4 letter word meaning 'once' can prefix the answer and is defined as 'of the country'.
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

adnarim

5th July 2020, 08:36
Thanks scorpiojo. They were driving me mad!
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

richardk

5th July 2020, 08:39
Yes lots of anagrams and not the toughest of workouts, but I still preferred this week over last week’s quite dry offering.

COD was 14d which was nearly as good as the “riotous pastoral events” from two weeks ago.
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

bigmacsub

5th July 2020, 09:29
I fell headlong into 14d's trap...doh!
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

yevrah

5th July 2020, 12:00
Response to all. Rattled through 80 per cent. Final few fell into place. Agree probably too many anagrams. Said it before but i dislike the primarily type - 15a. Might as well just put the letters in before starting. Hope youve all had your haircuts.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

dandybandy

6th July 2020, 09:34
Good morning people. The infrequent attender here. I'll add my dissatisfaction to others and I've been an Everyman follower for 50+ years (since we married). and this one is the one with which I find least enjoyment. I don't my brain is ossifying but...
Well that's the rant over. I have the top half done but the bottom... ! Perhaps a hint or two on:- 20a Pope with explanatory note for piece of Apocrypha...? Is it to do with the poet or a Vatican incumbent? All I have is ????N?????D;
& 24a Set apart, they bypass study (2,3,5) All I have is ??/???/R?A???. Am I being thick? Perhaps they'll help clear the log jam. Thanks in anticipation and keep safe people.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post