CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

fieryjack

1st July 2020, 11:19
Prime numbers (3)
41 of 59  -   Report This Post

hannah

1st July 2020, 12:04
Tweak . .

Four of a kind and ready to go hard (3)

Triple def
42 of 59  -   Report This Post

jamoza

1st July 2020, 13:03
Ready to sail (3)
43 of 59  -   Report This Post

paul

1st July 2020, 18:03
What a bumper crop!
The shyness of so many regular entrants has been more than made up for by your prodigious efforts! Such ingenuity showing in so many clues...
I think the only way I can pick my way through this is to choose the best from each contender and go from there.
Chris started the ball rolling with his quad reminiscing about his teaching days.

Fiery got really busy with an unprecedented and inspired 9 entries. My pick of his bounty was no 5’s toys.

Jafo had 4 entries, my sweet favourite of (his?) was 20 followed by his priapic 21.

Mattrom must have had less time to walk Matt and Rom as she entered 5 great clues, of which both her ETs were particularly impressive.

From Faitons weighty 5, I really liked (his?) fix at 22.

Aristo came in with a superb single hit on a bank.

Hannah came storming in with a varied collection of 9 including tweaks of which my favourite was the pre-tweaked no 40.

Matthew alighted briefly, flapping in with golden wings at 26.

From Tykes 3 my favourite was the Mandelbrot.

And last but definitely not least was Jamoza with 3 stonking clues, my favourite was the very clever device at 38.

However there can only be one overall winner and just edging it for me was Mattrom with her elegant no 7;

ET's weird friends

Your prize is an antidote to the current BLM controversy with a set from a great Malawian comedian;

https://youtu.be/eIVxPRqgtD4

Sorry to cut short your well deserved rest!
44 of 59  -   Report This Post

jafo

1st July 2020, 20:04
Good stuff thanks Paul. And well done to Mattrom. No rest for the wicked.
45 of 59  -   Report This Post

jamoza

1st July 2020, 20:06
Thank you so much, Paul for your comprehensive judging and reporting process. Well done everyone. especially Mattrom. I found that I was constantly (subconsciouly) looking for new angles/ideas this week and really enjoyed the process1
46 of 59  -   Report This Post

jamoza

1st July 2020, 20:07
process.
47 of 59  -   Report This Post

tyke51

1st July 2020, 20:12
Well done Mattrom - thanks Paul - sounds like you might be a fellow fractal fan!
48 of 59  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st July 2020, 20:23
Congrats (again!) mattrom, and thanks Paul.

I've seen it said that the Mandelbrot set is the most complex entity in the universe.
49 of 59  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

1st July 2020, 22:26
Congratulations Mattrom
Cheers Paul
50 of 59  -   Report This Post