CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pentomino

10th June 2020, 13:19
I was unable to parse 5d when I completed the crossword, but now realise term means end of Reigat(e), and again in 13d, daily (paper) is the I.
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

brendan

10th June 2020, 18:32
Thanks Pentomino.
32 of 37  -   Report This Post

malone

10th June 2020, 18:37
Pentomino, thanks for sorting out the Reigate train! I was surprised that Brendan had forgotten about the I, but glad that my nudge was enough to prompt him.

Brendan, I'm glad you got the parsing - I know you like everything to be pulled together!
33 of 37  -   Report This Post

brendan

10th June 2020, 20:17
Hi Malone,

I don't know why I didn't relate "daily" and the I, I got fixated on thinking it was a Latin abbreviation, perhaps used by doctors, even though i could find no justification for it.

It's true, I can't consider a crossword finished until I've parsed, or more likely had it parsed for me, every letter of every clue - although, for my own peace of mind, I am really trying to be more zen:-)
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

williamseal

12th June 2020, 08:49
Have filled the grid and found the artists easily enough. Once you realise what the first words actually are the job is done. As ever, however ...

Presumably the understocked item is the one in the title. In one of the lines there is a supermarket mentioned but is the item in the same line the one that is 'understocked'? Am I missing something?

If someone can tell me that will mark the end of a good week on the crosswords with the rugby back on TV tomorrow - albeit behind closed doors from NZ.

My thanks to all who assist.

35 of 37  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

12th June 2020, 09:11
That's how I read it as well Williamseal.
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

williamseal

12th June 2020, 09:34
Thanks alwayspuzzled - your reply is appreciated
37 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1438