CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

alwayspuzzled

28th May 2020, 09:21
Part of the quote is clued at 30 across and 5 rather than 6 of the unclued entries form the rest of it.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

will37

28th May 2020, 10:33
Precisely. I just logged on to make the same observation but you beat me to it!

Other than that, it is not a very demanding puzzle, is it?
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

specsaver

28th May 2020, 20:14
All done apart from 10d... can someone help?
Is it a place?
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

28th May 2020, 20:19
Hi specsaver, it's given in Chambers under the headword which is the 1st 3 letters of the answer which you should have as they're checked.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

specsaver

28th May 2020, 20:22
Thanks - couldn't read my own writing: had wrong first letter...
Still didn't know the word though!
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

farr

28th May 2020, 20:34
First a comment. I wish people wouldn't make remarks like finding the puzzle not too demanding because what's not demanding for one could well be the opposite for others! Enough said!
Having donated my ODQ to the local library which is now closed because of the virus I'm stuck for a reference.
Am I on the right track thinking 44a is "the better we" ? Help with 1d would also be appreciated. Thanks

6 of 8  -   Report This Post

hypotheses

28th May 2020, 23:17
Faster rather than better. 30 ac is key rather than 1d.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

piffleworthy

30th May 2020, 06:00
I am with Farr in respect of comments on the ease or otherwise of a puzzle. In this case, which involves sloppy editing, the preamble is simply wrong, and so misleading. If, like me, a solver is unfamiliar with this particular quote, it can make the solve very difficult indeed.

It can't be that hard to check that the preamble is correct. I hope this won't become a regular feature.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post