CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

15th May 2020, 20:26
btw what's a hudson? i know the river!
81 of 95  -   Report This Post

peterm

15th May 2020, 20:28
Well done, tyke, and thanks, aristo. Thanks also to skyewalker and dorrien for the votes, and to mattrom for the mention.

Aristo: despite my best intentions, I don't post as often as I would like, but I usually take a peek. The thread's always worth a read. I picked up somewhere that you had to abandon a trip to Granada. I hope you get there. In the last 3 years, I had the pleasure of visiting Granada, Cordoba and Seville, and each was fabulous. And if you're ever passing through London, let me know. I'd like to step out of the shadows and buy you a beer. We can discuss Ghost Anagrams.
82 of 95  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th May 2020, 20:35

chrise

15th May 2020, 20:43
Thanks again, aristo
84 of 95  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th May 2020, 20:57
peterm: Strange to say, I've never been to the UK. We were going to visit our youngest daughter in London in 2011 but the trip was cancelled because of the volcanic eruption in Iceland. I have a map of London in my head, however, and could probably fill in all the names on a blank map of counties. If I ever do get there I'll take you up on your offer. I've recently mentioned here on the forum that I'm not a drinker, but I do have a ritual glass of beer with a friend on occasion, and it would be an honor to have one with you. The only forum member I've actually met is syzygy, with whom I had a great time in Vancouver, but I so enjoy conversing with folks here, and am a great fan of your clues and commentary.
85 of 95  -   Report This Post

paul

15th May 2020, 21:15
Well done Tyke! Thanks Aristo.i
86 of 95  -   Report This Post

peterm

15th May 2020, 21:20
You're very kind, aristo. At the risk of forming a Mutual Admiration Society, I'm also a big fan of your clues and wit, and If you can identify on a map all the UK counties, well, that's more than I can do.
87 of 95  -   Report This Post

hannah

15th May 2020, 22:13
Congrats Tyke . . Thx Aristo

I knew the Hudson . . In my home town as a kid, there were only a couple of dozen cars. One was a Hudson (1939 model I think) . . Anyway it was large enough to carry almost our whole soccer team to a larger town nearby for games . . (no seat belts in those far off times)
88 of 95  -   Report This Post

jws

15th May 2020, 22:16
well done tyke- good clue

well done aristo for setting an interesting word to clue. As usual it surprises me how many clues can be formed from a minimal word
89 of 95  -   Report This Post

mattrom

15th May 2020, 23:42
Well done, Tyke! Thanks for your vote, Ginge, and for the mentions, Chrise and Spike.
Enjoyed the challenge, Aristo.
90 of 95  -   Report This Post