CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

27th February 2020, 01:30
Can anyone help with the wordplay for....

3d Amphitrite or Salacia, say, imagine holding back daughters and sons (3,7) - SEA GODDESS (Amphitrite or Salacia)
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

27th February 2020, 01:35
Sorry, cancel that, "poster's curse" again! I've been staring at it for half an hour and then see it within a minute of posting.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

27th February 2020, 06:55
Brendan, I'm sorry to hear you've been stricken with 'poster's curse' - but it's quite amusing to read about your daily/nightly flare-ups!
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

lumen

27th February 2020, 11:42
Should it be >100 instead of 1/100?
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

27th February 2020, 16:24
Hi Lumen, I think Vera Lynn was 100 when she died so perhaps it could be "is = or greater than" (I don't know how to make that sign on my laptop). I think 1/100 is okay though because it could mean "one of the 100 club" or something like that.

Hi Malone, i really don't know why I'm so often afflicted with the "poster's curse" - it's not like asking for help is my default reaction. I genuinely do spend a long time trying to figure it out before posting a query. The last couple of times have both been down clues so perhaps the light suddenly dawns when I see it written horizontally - mind you, that theory is not exactly based on a large sample size, so who knows? - but I don't think I'm alone in suffering from this curious ailment:-)
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

27th February 2020, 16:36
Thanks, Brendan. You're certainly not alone! I think many of use wrestle with clues, crosswords and post here only when we've run out of ideas. I sometimes feel that putting the query online shocks/galvanises my brain into one last attempt!
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

lumen

27th February 2020, 19:09
One over a hundred.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post